• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Recent Updates from Google on my LG Ally

wscottb

Lurker
Sep 24, 2010
On Wed. 09-22-10 my LG Ally went into an update download on its own. My phone was sitting on my desk and I looked over at it and there was a white box on my screen with files flying onto an Andriod icon. This took about 5 - 8 minutes. While this was going on, my side indicater light was flashing blue. After a few minutes my phone rebooted and once it completed this reboot I noticed the battery indicator was in the yellow, before this update it was well over 50% green. It clicked on my andriod advanced task killer and there were MANY apps running, many that I never seen before. Killed all apps and kept checking avery 10 - 15 minutes and noticed these apps keep comming on. I left it go, charged my phone and noticed this behavior for the next day...So I called verizon and they stated it was a forced update from Google and there was nothing they could do for me. I used to be able to text, facebook and make calles for a 13 hour period with out charging and with out all these apps running. Now I am lucky to get 3 - 5 hours out of my battery with just texting adn calling.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am havin the same exact isuue on my ally since the update. I got on here to ask about it but the author of this thread beat me to it. Same problem though. Every 15 to 20 minutes the phone starts running 8 to 15 apps in the background, (this is an estimate as I don't pay attention to the exact amount I just frustratedly keep killing them.) Its tying up my memory and draining battery like none other though, please help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones