• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Recently repaired Note 2 screen not responding to S-Pen Correctly

Kyle706

Lurker
Jan 27, 2015
What's up everyone I'm a noob so please take it easy on me lol. I was given a Note 2 with a damaged screen and I had the digitizer and lcd assembly replaced by a shop. After toying with the phone for a while I noticed the s-pen was working incorrectly. There seems to be an invisible barrier of some sort preventing the spen from working on the right and top side of the screen. The phone works perfectly with my fingers. I took the phone back to the repair shop and the service tech told me he could not find anything wrong with the phone or the s-pen and does not know what is causing the interference issue. Please help as I spent 200 bucks roughly having the digitizer and screen replaced other and am bummed that I can't even fully use the s-pen. All help would be appreciated. I am not sure if the problem was there before I took the phone in to be fixed or if it is a bad part or service error by the technician when they repaired the phone. My warranty expires in 30 days and I would like to have some sort of ground to stand on if I am being ripped off. THANKS.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones