• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Recently Updated - No Sound in Calls!!

AGizzle

Lurker
Sep 15, 2010
I woke up Saturday to find a long awaited Update!!! Yeaaahhhaa!!

So without thinking I installed at first glance... I'm thinking *** maybe now my phone will be able to watch and listen to flash and other sites (I am a professional DJ and subscribe to a few DJ record pools, I have been waiting for an update that will allow me to watch and listen to certain links). ***

Immediately after the install I noticed that the phone was slower... I didn't have time to mess with it because I had a wedding gig.

Waking the phone from slumber is quite annoying! My ringtones and alerts are driving me bonkers. Bubble text is horendous. Web-browsing is slow..... These are the first things I noticed.

Well today I'm in a call and everthing just dropped out. I had the phone up to my face, all the sudden three or four quick beeps and then it goes silent... WTF!?

So I called the person back..... crickets. I can't hear them, they can't hear me. I've tried calling 3 different people, all on different networks and 1 person on the same network.... crickets.

Here's the weird thing.... If I connect a pair of headphones, I can hear the other person but they still cant hear me???

Blue Tooth is OFF. Wifi OFF. 4G OFF.

Here's the other weird thing.... Speaker Phone option is greyed out???

Has anyone seen this issue? I am so tired of this damn Epic 4G overpriced peice of wannabe iPhone. Sorry for the rant but I'm pissed. My business thrives off of this phone.

My facebook messages are all jacked up, I'm not receiving all of them and i'm missing IM's.

The phone sound issues is number 1, so please if you have a fix, send it my way.

Thanks,
AG

www.facebook.com/DjGoGreen

The piece of crap got slammed on the ground today... good thing I have insurance, best buy can eat it because i'm not. WTF is wrong with that pos phone!?

I babied it and never got it wet or abused it. The phone was immaculate... well at least up to about an hour ago when it got shattered. I'm going to try to exchange it for an httc. Samsung phones are garbage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones