Reception/coverage

Last Updated:

1. aci78

aci78 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did search before I posted this, but couldn't find any fixes, just more people with the same probs.

Basically just wondering if any of you know of any fixes for this phones jumpy reception. Signal seems to jump from 5 bars to zero bars while driving. While I know this is somewhat normal, I need some consistancy here. Love this phone, but I can not even get Pandora to stay on until I am all the way in town. I would love to find a fix, or it's back to Verizon I go:(

Advertisement
  2. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

Even with zero bars I get phone calls and full 3g speeds. I don't think the algorithm to the bar display is an issue in terms of calls and data.

Download Speedtest.net app from market place, you will see your 3g speeds still come in even with zero bars.

Now the real issue is probably not the phone, but t-mobile coverage in your area. You said you were with verizon before? Well verizon has more consistant coverage. So verizon may be better for you, in your area. For example I get 5 mbps download on my vibrant during the day, as soon as I come home up in the hills, I only get 0.54 mbps. T-mobile is inconsistant like that. Versus verizon, where you probably would get 1.7 mbps consistency wherever you are in Los Angeles.

I listen to pandora also in the morning, with zero bars I get full songs streaming in.
    Hope this helped...btw if you switch back to verizon, I think this same phone will be available in a couple months.

3. aci78

aci78 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Don't know if I can wait a few months, I love this phone.:(