Reception ProblemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. shepx5

shepx5 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So, I got my awesome EVO today, but am having reception issues. Inside in my office at house (I live about 4 miles form work) I might be lucky to get 1 bar of service, but rarely 3G. As soon as I step outside the bars go to full for a few seconds, then drop back down to 1-2. Which is odd to say the least.

I downloaded real signal, and I'm only getting -105 to -115 db strength.

This was my main concern before picking up the EVO. I've heard lots of horror stories from people here who had Sprint a few years back, but none from lately so I am hoping it's better now.

Should I just contact Sprint tech support? Or is there anything else I can try? I really want off of ATT, $#%@!!!

Advertisement
  2. companyman

companyman Well-Known Member

You could always call them and see what they suggest but it sounds like you just don't have a great signal at your location. I don't either but it doesn't bother me too much.

One option is:

AIRAVE

It's expensive but that would definitely boost your signal. If it wasn't so expensive I'd get it for my location but 25.00 extra a month + the 100.00 purchase price is a little too rich for my blood.

And if you really want off ATT and still want an android phone the Incredible is a nice phone as well. Depending on how Verizon's coverage is at your location of course.

3. shepx5

I called Sprint, and after dealing with a complete moron who could barely speak English, I requested someone else and he was great. He said it is possible I have an issue with my handset (probably antenna), and to either go by my closest repair facility for diagnostics, or to swap it out at RS for another.
    I think I will try that before giving up hope!

4. beechler7dk

beechler7dk Member

If you talk to account services you can get a KILLER deal on the Airave device. They want to keep you as a customer, so they'll make it a sweet deal.

5. shepx5

Today the service has been slightly better. I talked with the tech at my local store and he said they were having provisioning issues due to all the new activations and such.

So far, the service at my house has been acceptable, just not what I was hoping for. I will run it through it's paces the next few weeks, and see how the service is in the areas I travel most.

6. Lissa77

Lissa77 New Member

I've had my EVO just over a month now. I love the phone, but have had terrible reception issues. I thought I was upgrading from my Palm Pre. I've used Sprint for several years and never has such bad reception as I do now.
    At my house, any call that comes in or I make out will disconnect as soon as the other party picks up. 3G is spotty at best, I receive texts sometimes hours after they are sent. I've had no issues with Wifi so far.
    A few weeks ago, I visited friends in FL. Almost the entire 4 days I was there, I could not make calls or send text messages, which when on vaca and trying to meet up with people is infuriating. Everyone around me had reception, but not me!
    I plan to call Sprint today about the issue, but I'll have to wait until I leave home so I can get enough reception to complete a phone call. :/