Reception terrible with MY Hero

Last Updated:

1. Possum15

Possum15 Member This Topic's Starter

Where I work is on Sprint and has bought Hero's for the office people. Most seem to like them. I like mine too(my own). However, my Hero has horrible reception. There are a few places around where I work that are dead zones. I drop calls there EVERY time. They NEVER drop there. We even went through there on the way to lunch the other day and all of us made a call to see how reception was on each. My Hero dropped the call and the rest did not. I have updated everything and still nothing. Sprint seems to be unconcerned. How can I get them to swap phones or something. I actually purchased from Best Buy. I was on 1.5 and have switched to 2.1 and it is the same on both.

Advertisement
  2. Slovak

Slovak Well-Known Member

Your radio is probably bad in the phone, take it to a sprint repair store and have them test it.

3. slg24

slg24 Member

I am also having that same problem. I had a 2.5 year old centro that got way better reception than my Hero does here at work, and I sit right next to a cell extender. NOT HAPPY about that, but will try to get the radio tested. Thanks for the suggestion.

4. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Clear indication that something is amiss with your handset. Try updating the Prl and pri and see if that helps. If not then I would just get it replaced, no sense in pulling hair out ;)

:cool: