Recessed End/Power Button

Last Updated:

1. gocoogs

gocoogs Member This Topic's Starter

I have done a bit of searching around the forum and am proud to report that I may be the only Sprint HTC Hero owner with a recessed end/power button.

Basically, my call/green button is more raised from the phone than the end/power button. While admittedly trivial, it is taking a very calculated press (if not more) to get the phone to sleep. I spoke to a technician at my local Sprint store if there was any solution to the issue and he said that is has yet to be discussed in fancy technician forums as a major issue.

So, I need you all to measure the height between the two buttons and the chrome trim for consistency. Seriously though, check.

Advertisement
  2. bobeink

bobeink Active Member

Actually my green/call button is a little recessed than the red/sleep/end button. Isn't a problem and hopefully doesn't become a problem.

3. blampars

blampars Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say mine is recessed. Both the call and end buttons are about flush with the chrome paneling. It has become a habit to hit the end call button with my fingernail instead of my finger tip just because it's a bit harder to hit than your typical button. Once I got used to doing it that way, it feels fine and I don't have any gripes about it.

4. meangreengdub

meangreengdub Well-Known Member

My green answer button is a lot more recessed than my End. Its annoying but I don't really use it since its a touch screen.