Recessed Power Button on EVO?Support

Last Updated:

1. manny84

manny84 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anybody experienced the power button on your EVO sinking in? The power button on my EVO is so recessed that I now have to use my finger nail to wake up my phone.

This is great. This is my third EVO. The first two had screen separation and light leakage issues. Now I have a recessed power button that is useless to my fingers.

Advertisement
  2. basso4735

basso4735 Well-Known Member

Too bad, a few people have mentioned this. To get by for now, you can use widgetlocker, found in the market which will allow you to use the volume buttons to wake it up. Theres also "lockscreen widget" which will turn off the phone by touching the icon. So theoretically you won't need the power button except to shut it down.

manny84 likes this.
  3. manny84

manny84 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the suggestion. I already have WidgetLocker and love it, and I suppose I could do what you're suggesting. But I don't feel like I should change something on my phone because of HTC's shit quality control.

4. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

A quick search revealed:

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/105818-power-button-sinking.html

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/91065-sunken-power-off-button.html

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/134352-power-button.html

Zameus and manny84 like this.
  5. Zameus

Zameus Well-Known Member

I too have that problem. I'm on my second one where the power button no longer protrudes as it should. Oh well. I can deal with it for now I guess....

6. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

Something that might help is if you get a case for your phone that covers the power button.

I just got one delivered today. I don't have the sinking power button issue, but the case has a little nub on it that rides ontop of your power button. Makes it very easy to actuate the button.

It makes it so easy, in fact, that I had to turn off my no lock app because the volume rocker kept getting pushed when in my pocket.

I got my case from eBay. Search for a seller called zydistro and look for their TPU cases for the EVO. $4.95 shipping included.

7. basso4735

basso4735 Well-Known Member

I agree, I was just thinking of something while you wait to get it fixed or w/e.

8. Slick1020

Slick1020 Banned

Are you complaining about light leakage coming from the hdmi and micro usb ports? If so, those lights help you find the ports in the dark.