Recharge on the move?

Last Updated:

1. microserfs

microserfs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone.

I don't know whether this has been asked before, or I've got this completely wrong, but I read something somewhere about a charger that can charge your battery up whilst you're out and about? Have I misheard this information?

I'm looking to get rid of my ipod Touch, which I use for music mostly, but I want to be able to use the HTC Desire as my main phone for everything, including a music player. However, the battery life doesn't seem long enough to make it worth switching at this point. I haven't personally used my phone just for music and nothing else yet to test how long it would run, but judging on how long the battery lasts in general (I can get about a day if I only use it for answering a call and maybe fifteen minutes of internets) I don't know whether the battery will last long enough to be worthwhile getting rid of the Touch. Sometimes I go on journeys of up to 4 hours a time, and where my ipod can handle this, my HTC will be dead by the end of the day even without heavy usage.

However, I heard or read somewhere, as mentioned, of a device that can charge the battery...? (and I'm not talking a car charger - I don't drive).

If not, then I'll probably think about having two batteries, but it seems a bit silly :\

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Smokinjoe18

Smokinjoe18 Active Member

3. BlackenedUK

BlackenedUK Active Member

4. microserfs

microserfs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Oh nice one, thanks. Thats the device I was looking for :)

As for the battery, the thread doesn't make it sound promising since I'm a heavy user. Maybe the pack will be better for me, since I have a PSP etc as well.

Edit - Gonna have a look at the other stuff recommended. Thanks though peeps.

5. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Proporta do one as well, which I have.