Recharging without shutting off?Support

Last Updated:

1. jsbfla

jsbfla New Member This Topic's Starter

Am an Android newbie - got the EVO last weekend. Seems that the only way that the battery charges is with the phone off. Last nite left it on the charger, powered on and this AM the battery is 30%. Anyone else having this problem? Seems to me that it then makes the car charger useless as well.

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Sounds like the charger is faulty. The only way the car charger doesn't keep up with the phone is if you have 3g, WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS all on while using Google Navigator. I doubt you need turn-by-turn directions in your sleep ;)

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to the forums, jsbfla.

Lunatic is right; the device should charge fully when on, as long as a lot of resource draining apps and widgets are not running services in the background.

Thus, your charger, cable or even the device could be disallowing charger functionality. I'd start by replacing the cable (connectors may be the problem), then charger.

I think I'd take the phone in for an inspection by a tech if the cable and charger are ok or replaced.

4. skullshank

skullshank Well-Known Member

im also a new EVO user...and ive noticed the same thing...

what ive figured out, is that if youve got 4g on....wifi....BT...brightness up....apps....etc...

the charger will keep your phone on and powered, but the drain is roughly equal to the power given from the wall....so it sort of plateaus and just stays powered.

having 4g on all the time is quite a battery killer ive heard, as is wifi, when there isnt any.

5. lamboh

lamboh Well-Known Member

power=watts , current=amperes, volts=volts

6. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Thanks for clearing that up... :rolleyes:

7. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

it is either a faulty charger or a rouge app. try checking into spare parts an app in the market and check out the battery menus within that app...

juiceplotter and system panel are also good apps to see if something is running overnight while the phone is charging

also look into menu.settings.battery.what has been using the battery for drainage hogs

consider trying a different cable to rule out the possibility of that charging cable