Recieved 2.2 OTA Update on Rooted Droid

Last Updated:

1. krebchak

krebchak Member This Topic's Starter

This morning I received the 2.2 OTA update for my Droid. The confusing thing is that I am rooted and have 2.2 Sapphire FRG22 build running. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this or received and update on their rooted phone? Also wondering if I should install it. The Sapphire build seems stable.

Advertisement
  2. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

IIRC the fix to this is to make sure you have a backup of your ROM (clockwordmd or nandroid) first and then allow the OTA to install and the fact you have the ROM recovery backup made the OTA install will actually fail and the OTA update will then go away for good.

there are threads about it around here.

krebchak likes this.
  3. krebchak

ok...i will give that a try.

Thanks

4. johnfkemp

johnfkemp New Member

I had the exact same issue. I clicked install and i rebooted, sat at the boot screen (A exclamation point and a small green Droid) then nothing so I clicked the gold button on the keyboard and it said the install failed and to reboot. I did that and everything is fine now and no more mention of any updates.

krebchak likes this.
  5. krebchak

Thanks for the advice. I backed up and then tried to install. As you said it did fail so i just hit the power button which took me back to the menu and then i rebooted..no more update warnings.

Cheers

6. inphoenix

inphoenix Well-Known Member

I tried to install the OTA and it failed but the update msg popped up again in some time. Is there a way to let it update and be in sync with whatever VZW is sending out?