Recieving a txtSupport

Last Updated:

1. nick99wj

nick99wj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When recieving a txt message, I'm not a fan of having to swipe down to unlock and then down again on the notification bar and then tap the message. Is there anyway to set it so that swiping the lock bar UP goes straight to the coversation in the messages program.

Advertisement
  2. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member

I agree totally with this line of reasoning. I keep expecting to see the text after I swipe.

3. nick99wj

nick99wj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yea especially because it shows like the first few lines and what not under the unlock bar

4. Colchicine

Right, and I only need to see one more word to figure out what they are saying, but it takes 5 more steps to get there.

5. ecosystem

ecosystem New Member

just download handcent sms.

6. wonderbread

wonderbread Well-Known Member

Yeah, haha. It has an option to show the text and let you reply without unlocking. It's really one of the most essential apps for Android.

7. Colchicine

Yeah. I'm new to smartphones / Android, and am very hesitant to use something that drastically changes how the phone is used. I guess I am fearful from a history of using computers, and then not knowing if I'm missing out on the OEM method.

8. snuggles

snuggles Well-Known Member

Is there any way to stop the incoming text messages from showing up in three places using handcent? 1. notification bar 2. Inc messages icon 3. handcent icon. It's alot of work having to clear all the messages.

9. RottenRob

RottenRob Member

Anybody?

10. ShortBusHEMI

ShortBusHEMI Well-Known Member

Open the stock messaging app. Make sute u're in the inbox. Hit the menu touch button. Go to settings then turn off notifications. Then only the handcent notifications will be shown.

11. rileyra

rileyra Well-Known Member

if you are using handcent then why keep the oem messages icon? do like short said and disabled the notifications for it but also remove it from the screen...the handcent notification bar status will clear after you exit the quick message or reply to the message.