1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Recipe applications

Last Updated:

1. dainawill

dainawill New Member This Topic's Starter

Can any buddy suggest me some smoothie recipe which i use in my android mobile.

Advertisement
  2. kethywright

kethywright New Member

Smoothies : Make it! for Android - AndroidZoom.com
    Find out Healthy & delicious Smoothie recipe. Smoothie recipes divided into categories. Step by step instructions and comprehensive list of ingredients. Make recipe favorites, see favorites list, not getting what to choose

3. serpentine009

serpentine009 Well-Known Member

I am looking for an app that I can save PDF's of menus and recipe's etc... and share them with my wife. Anything like that out there.

I looked into SpringPad but it doesn't necessarily share...you can make items public and have someone follow your account.

Google Docs may work, but I am looking for an app, not a web interface.

4. jeffjaner

jeffjaner New Member

In addition to making recipes public, you can share them via email in Springpad

5. JAL

JAL Active Member

Hi there - I am in search of a website that will let you input your own recipes, then sync them to your phone. Any ideas? You can do it with Our Groceries, but the recipe input interface on their website is a little cumbersome.

(*not an app with a lot of recipes you can search)

6. Agafonov Eugene

Agafonov Eugene New Member

CookBook and CookDroid are new recipe application. They help you find the recipes, which you can cook at the moment. Input ingredients which you have in the kitchen and get a recipe to cook right now. Track your kitchen and get actual recipes everyday. Click on menu button and get missing (in your kitchen) ingredients for each recipe. Calc ingredients amount for any serves number.

CookBook Lite (1000+ recipes)
    CookDroid (1000+ recipes)
    CookBook Extended (2600+ recipes)

Chicken, Pork, Brisket, Soups, Chocolate, Vegan and others are presented here.

7. carlsunder

carlsunder New Member

We have a computer in our kitchen for recipes. Works great. But now with my Droid, I'm looking for an app to link the two.... I can create meal plans and grocery lists on the desktop software (program is Big Oven) but I can't sync this with my phone. I can create lists on the phone with dozens of grocery apps, but I can't sync this to the computer.

I am looking for a program that has an Android app, so I could somehow link the two.... Creating grocery lists and meal plans on the computer for ease, then having that available in "check off" format when I'm at the grocery store (being able to click an item and have it draw a line through it... a virtual list, so to speak.)

I've had no luck so far finding a program that has the Windows program, but then an app for Android (or any other platform for that matter). I'm willing to pay for this, but haven't even found a pay program that does this.

Of note, Big Oven claims they have an Android App for their software. But all it does is link to their database of recipes... Nothing personalized. Doesn't even do grocery lists. So it really doesn't do anything I need it to.

Any ideas?

8. rosie314

rosie314 Active Member

Not sure if this is exactly what you want but I use OurGroceries. It has a web interface and the list can be shared between phones which is highly convenient.

Here is the link:
    OurGroceries - Features

9. carlsunder

carlsunder New Member

Thanks rosie, but that doesn't connect with any desktop software. I'm much rather create the recipes on the computer (as well as the shopping list) where it's quicker to type. And since we have the computer in the kitchen where we do all of the recipies anyway, I don't want to duplicate the work. So I really am looking for a better solution.

I wish Big Oven would just send to it's Android App... Ideally, that's what I'm looking for: an application that has a desktop component as well as an android component.

10. teriau

teriau Member

I like Big Oven. I see that going to yearly subscriptions with added features, but not sure it is worth the cost. All Recipes is starting to do the same with added features, but no android app, tho on their web on my phone isn't to bad. Keep hoping some other option will come along.

11. pulgoki

pulgoki Well-Known Member

I have been wondering about this same thing. It looks like there are plenty of apps out there, some highly rated, for grocery lists, but they all want you to sync with their web site. :(

12. rosie314

rosie314 Active Member

Sorry.... don't know how to delete this message. I see now you want desk software not web interface....

You can log in to Our Groceries from your computer/web browser (I do that all the time) and add in grocery lists/recipes... then you can use your app at the store to do the actual shopping. Its a very simple program but maybe I am missing something.

https://www.ourgroceries.com/sign-in?url=/your-lists/

Either way, good luck in finding what you need.

13. Dan-droid

Dan-droid Well-Known Member

I find Google Tasks to be very handy for this. I type ingredients into Google Tasks on a computer at home, then use Google Tasks Organizer on my MT4G when I get to the store. Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but you might give it a try.

14. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

From what I've seen, most recipe apps don't transfer/sync data to shopping list apps, most likely because shopping list apps are more complex.

OurGroceries at least allows multiple phones to "subscribe" to the same list, with live "check off" viewable, phone to phone. It seems they have a website, but I don't use that part. You may want to check that out and see if you can enter data on their website.

Ultimately, I don't think you're going to find a seamless app that connects your recipes to your shopping list. You'll likely have to find two apps, unfortunately, or convert to using something like OurGroceries to add your recipes to. Once you do do that, it's pretty easy to add items from the recipe to the shopping list.

May be worth your time to search for PRODUCTIVITY apps in the Market and see if one of those could be used for your purposes.

EDIT:
    I can see my shopping lists and recipes in OurGroceries website.

15. carlsunder

carlsunder New Member

Thanks for far, everyone.

I really am looking for the "all in one" program... I actually have used many of the productivity tools found in the market as I've tried to get something that works... And I guess I'm tired of it "kinda works"... I'm definately willing to pay for a program with this fuctionality, rather than relying on freeware or something that doesn't really solve what I'm looking for, but does work. That's what leads me to posting here... Hoping that I can stop using a workaround (I've used Google Tasks quite a bit...) and actually make a purchase for something.

If I were only smart enough to write my own software.... I feel like there's a market for this. I can't be the only one who wants easy connectivity between a laptop in a kitchen and a smartphone in the grocery store...

16. BookLover

Most folks who code are guys. Recipes aren't at the top of their lists, I'd bet.

If you search the web, most apps that talk/sync between PC and phone cost around $20, usually geared towards business users, eg, Touchdown, Docs to Go, Wallet apps, etc.

While you're not the only one who wants this, you're probably one of very few who would pay. And I'd bet you wouldn't be willing to pay $20.

17. carlsunder

carlsunder New Member

Good point about the coders being guys... BUT... Guys like money, and I see a market here. Eh? Eh? :)

Truth be told, I would be willing to give 20 bucks for this. I'm a TouchDown user, and that was $20 well spent. And if it would solve this issue for a one time fee of $20, I'm all in.

I think the registration code for Big Oven when I bought it was $25 or something like that (It was numerous years ago that I bought it so I don't recall exactly...) But that was money well spent as well, since I really have gotten a lot of use out of that software. I'm definately willing to do that again if I find a desktop piece of software that has the Android component. I do love the free stuff available... But there comes a point when I'll bite the bullet and shell out some cash for some specific features.

18. BookLover

I stand corrected.

Good luck.

I hope you find what you're looking for.

19. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto VIP Member

We have been bugging Lee, the developer of Living Cookbook (he's a guy) to give us a way to send our shopping lists to our phones, or make the databases somehow available to developers to make the link.

20. mrsCoulter

mrsCoulter New Member

Hi guys, I've had my htc desire for about 3 weeks now and have downloaded about 10 cooking/recipe apps all of which use american measurements....like 1/2 cup of sugar etc. I am English and need recipes in grams or even ounces. Do any of you know of a good English recipe app?? I wanna make cakes and do loads of slow cooking :)

21. tellezb

tellezb New Member

My Recipes is a relatively new app that allows you to manage your personal recipes, as well as sync them online and modify them from your computer. It has recipes tags (categories) and shopping lists built in. It has lite and full versions:

My Recipes
    My Recipes Lite+

22. DroidGnome

DroidGnome Well-Known Member

I know this is an old post, but I was looking for the exact same thing.
    I THINK i've found one that might work, but haven't had time to test it fully.

I looked at the "My receipes" apps and while those look very nice on the phone, they don't have a 'web' interface. It syncs with Dropbox (which is a great feature) but its not as friendly as say a webpage would be.

What I've found, and am testing is "Recipe Box" (and Pro eventually) which is by the people that make All My Recipes Online | "Recipe Box" I THINK it has all the features the OP was looking for a year ago :) haha took them long enough.

23. Power Android

Power Android Member