• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Recipient for text messages

Matt43

Jun 24, 2010
When I used to compose a text message I could tap the "To" field, start typing the first few letters of the recipient's name and the list of matches in my phone book would automatically appear. Now all that appears is exactly what I type with a few apparently random digits underneath. For example if I type "Tim" I used to get a drop-down list of all the Tims In my phonebook. Now all I get is something like "Tim" with "617" underneath. Do I need to do something like sync my sms with my phonebook and If so how? Thanks

That's a bit odd. Apart from the normal advice of have you tried rebooting the phone, run a repair via SEUS (but wipes fone) I would suggest trying an app from the Market to see if it forces the phone to do it right.

Do you use google sync or SE sync? I can't see any options anywhere that tells the phone to look at your list of conacts, its kind of an automatic thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones