• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Reclaiming Internal Storage Memory

ZeroGeined

Feb 2, 2013
Plant City, FL
I'm trying to reclaim the internal memory on this phone and while I do understand that this is an older phone with less memory, this thing consistently has less than 30MB free internal storage. There really are only a few applications installed that (I did the math) only comes to about 64MB used. So where's the other 104MB? Any help on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated.

I'd start by wiping the cache partition via recovery menu.

1) Turn phone off.
2) Press and hold Back, Volume Down, and Power keys.
3) Continue holding all three keys until device powers on and recovery menu appears.

Navigate using volume up/down keys, and Home key to activate highlighted menu item ("wipe cache" in this case ;)).

Reboot then go into the Application Manager and begin the process of hitting each app/widget's "clear cache" button, and even "clear data" on those you don't mind reconfiguring, and "uninstall" on those you wish to remove, if any. :)

Upvote 0
I never did the whole links2sd cause my sd card wasn't big enough, i got around it by rooting and removing bloatware. I also then googled set default location to sd card and found out how to do it. Its like a lighter. Version of links2sd that worked for me without having to use another.app that wastes space. The bad thing is that if you factory reset youll have to redo the process. Generally i.kept 100+mb of free internal memory even with.apps updating.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones