Recomendations for Car Bluetooth with Evo?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. NBAJ2K

NBAJ2K Member This Topic's Starter

Now that I've picked up the Evo, I was looking at possibly upgrading to a different Bluetooth solution, possibly one that could also receive music over bluetooth so that I can play any podcasts or music from my phone without connecting an aux cable. (Does anyone know if streaming bluetooth to a stereo works well and if there is a big quality difference between that and an aux cable). I had the Parrott 3200 before (which didn't stream music) and had a lot of issues with it.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on a bluetooth system to get installed in my car. I currently have a 2008 Honda Accord EX-L. Was hoping for one that had bluetooth controls which could be added to the stearing wheel and maybe a screen that can show who is calling. Definitely open to suggestions.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

~J

Advertisement
  2. chrisdrealtor

chrisdrealtor New Member

same here

3. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

My Kensington LiquidAUX does phone/music over BT to my car stereo's line in. It has a remote that attaches to the steering wheel that will answer calls, skip tracks, and play/pause music. It works great with my Moto Droid, and it was on $29.99 on Amazon.

Also the mic/BT receiver has a USB port so I can charge the phone too.

-Mike

4. Hova

Hova New Member

I have the PIONEER DEH P7000BT in my BMW. Having been using it for 3 years now. Worked great with my Palm PRE and now works Great with my EVO as well. The only difference is that with the Palm PRE, if I was listening to music and getting nav directions, the radio lowered the volume of the music to give directions. My EVO 4G doesnt do that. Still like it though.

P.S. Installed in a BMW 325I myself. Automatically connects to car when you turn it on. (both Phone & stereo audio)

5. NBAJ2K

For streaming music, that Kensington LiquidAUX sounds really good. I'm definitely tempted to pick it up.

For answering calls I was looking for one that had worked pretty well. The Parrott 3200 I had (when it was working properly) worked very well, and has a microphone that is right next to the visor of my car. For some reason it acts up when syncing with the EVO, and the call quality isn't good at all I've been told.

Has anyone had any luck with any of the newer Parrot systems such as the PARROT MKi9200?

~J

6. NBAJ2K

I'm hoping to place an order for the Parrot mki9200 early next week. Before I do, anyone had any success with it? I heard there originally were some issues with it and the Motorola Droid, but hopefully those have been fixed.

I'm hoping to keep my contacts synced with facebook on my phone but I know this can cause some problems with my current Parrot 3200, anyone know if this is still the case with the MKI9200?

Any help or thoughts would be great before I make the purchase and have it installed!

Thanks,

~J