Recomended apps?General

Last Updated:

1. It IS Lupus

It IS Lupus Active Member This Topic's Starter

Okay i'm getting my eris either later today or wednesday via ups. and want to know what the best free apps would be. and over all the most useful.

Chomp sms
    Locale
    Tunewiki
    (one of those barcode readers i dont know which yet)
    I have swype downloaded

Anyone else have some favorites that could be useful?

Advertisement
  2. namu1107

namu1107 Well-Known Member

BONSAI BLAST!!! Addicting. Also, if you don't like sense, you can use either LauncherPro, Helix, or ADW... I prefer LP myself.

Some other good apps to have are Any cut, Barcode scanner, Mixzing or Doubletwist for good music players...If your into sports, sports tap is great to have also. And, if you don't like the stock browser, check out xscope or Dolphin. I am using xscope... its pretty awesome.

3. Cajun83

Cajun83 Well-Known Member

My most used apps are: ADW.Launcher, Handcent, Pandora, Beautiful Widgets, xScope Lite, Astro File, KS Uninstaller, Shazam, Shop Savvy and Wave Secure.

4. zutmin

zutmin Well-Known Member

The Apps I use everyday and which I consider to be essential:
    Swype Keyboard
    Xscope browser
    Handcent SMS
    Quick App Clean Cache
    Astro File Manager
    Uninstaller
    Beautiful Widgets
    Vlingo
    Pandora
    Weatherbug Elite
    Copliot Live GPS (although the Google Nav works just as well these days)

There are many other apps that I use nearly everyday, but you may not find to be "essential":
    MLB at Bat 2010
    NBA GameTime
    2010 World Cup App
    Tapatalk Pro
    Engadget
    MortPlayer (audiobook player)
    USA Today
    Drudge Report
    NPR News

5. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

My suggestion would be to browse thru websites like androlib.com and appbrain.com. Also I think phandroid has gone live with their application site as well. (just click on the apps tab and the top of the screen). its just easier to view the screenshots and reviews that way.

My favorite apps:

Barcode Scanner - awesome for downloading apps you find on the web.
    Home Switcher - you're going to download home replacements and this makes it super simple to swap back and forth
    Beautiful Widgets - this is not a free app, BUT it is well worth the 1.50 or so you pay for it. If you're using a home app other than sense you will need a clock widget, and nothing else comes close to the customization of this one.
    Paper Toss - best, most addictive, most pointlessly fun game on the market.

A few home replacements to try
    Helix Launcher - This was the first Nexus knockoff and I've always found it stable and relatively quick
    ADW Launcher - This one has really caught on as the "new thing" there is a thread for it here. just type adw in the search bar
    Launcher Pro - never tried this one, but some seem to like it

All those are free and full featured. There are some other free ones, but they are betas or demos and you'll have to pay for the full featured or ad free versions.