recommed a new phone

Last Updated:

1. copracr

copracr Member This Topic's Starter

There is just getting to be so many new android phones that I dont know where to start.

I had the G1 since it came out and loved it BUT - had no memory, no 3.5mm ear plug, no 2.2, no flash, etc.

Warrantied it out for the Moto Cliq - better, but stuck in motorola's snail pace update cycle so no 2.anything, no flash, no tethering, WAAAY to much bloat.

I was looking at the motorola Defy, but I don't know if I want to deal with Motorola's gatekeeping the phone again.

Is there a basic android that is : bloatless, updateable, 3.5mm jack, faster cpu, prefer waterproof, prefer physical keyboard?
    I have T-Mobile

Advertisement
  2. Guamguy

Guamguy Well-Known Member

Not everything meets your needs, so far what you tell us, its either the G2 or the Defy. I would lean more to the G2, it seems to hit more of your qualifications except the water proof.

3. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Gotta go with Guamguy on this. The Defy is not a showstopper, and Motorola seems to have a problem making good midrange android phones. The Droids are all great but the Cliqs and Backflips of the world still show they just don't have it down. The G2 is great, nearly bloatless, rootable, fast, 3.5 mm jack, just not waterproof/resistant.