Recommend a microSDHC card?Tips

1. imaltesers

imaltesers Member

I'm looking for a 32GB microSDHC card to use with my Incredible 2. Not sure what class to go for. I'm looking at the Sandisk Class 4 microSDHC on Amazon because of its current low price, but I'm not sure whether I should go for a Class 6 or 10. Will I see significant performance increases if I go for the higher class? Does the Inc 2 support Class 10?

Advertisement
    :
  2. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member

I've heard that you should go Class 6 or higher, but I have no personal experience with it. I don't think you'll see any huge difference in general performance, except maybe loading files to/from your sd card, or maybe apps loaded on the card.
  3. imaltesers

imaltesers Member

I tried to research a little more and got overwhelmed by benchmarks and brand comparisons...it looks like a Class 4 is best for random r/w speeds, which apparently is important for normal usage. But I do want to transfer large files from time to time, as well as take HD video. Will a Class 4 cut it? I won't get choppy video, will I?
  4. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

There was a discussion about this a while ago and someone had some evidence that showed our phone won't improve video recording with a higher (than class 4) rating, so transferring files should be your main concern there. I got a 32gb class 4 Micro SD and love it. No problema, plenty fast. But now a Class 10 is the same price as mine was when I bought it and I would buy it now. The 64GB SanDisk out now supposedly does work in our phone even though our specs say it doesn't handle larger than 32.
    I'll edit and add links when i get to a computer.

Sorry, can't find that discussion yet...

Here it is.
  5. imaltesers

imaltesers Member

Thanks, I think I'm just going to go for the 32GB Class 4, and then upgrade in the future when prices drop.
  6. TheAtheistReverend

I don't know, that class 10 is only 10 or 12 bucka more...
    I don't know. Maybe better to hold of for the 64GB price drop like you said.
  7. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

I used to own a DInc 2. When I switched to a D4, I learned that they install an "on-board" SD card, separate from the device internal memory, but not removable like the SD card we know and love. It was really disappointing because I had just bought a class 6 SDHC for it, and now I'm learning that not everything goes to it. For example apps and data go to this internal SD card. While media, like music pics and the like go to my actual SD card, called /sdcard-ext (for "external"). Has anyone heard of any HTC phones doing this? Or is it just a Moto thing?

Sorry to go on a tangent. I thought it would be an interesting talking point.
  8. TheAtheistReverend

I think the GSIII has two external SD card slots. Samsung has the most preferred method to this IMHO.
  9. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member