Last Updated:

1. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

Do you mean Sprints Galaxy Nexus?

Otherwise, I think so too.

dan330 likes this.
  2. dkl1

dkl1 Well-Known Member

So now that I've had my EVO since Apr 2010 (I think) and have just learned of the incredible possibilities with a rooted phone, I will be eligible for an 'upgrade' in a few months. Where would I go from here? I like my EVO. Is there another (similar) candidate out there I should start looking at? I'm just curious since my EVO will do everything I need it to do (and prob more) but surely there are new technologies that are out there on other phones! Any advise is welcome! :)

PS - I like Sprint for their price-point so I'm not especially looking to go to another carrier. Been with Nxtl/Sprt since 199? :eek:
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

here is your next phone:
    4G LTE is coming to Sprint in 2012
    dkl1 and BenChase7 like this.
  4. dkl1

dkl1 Well-Known Member

(Sorry 'bout that man! Didn't mean to post this in the wrong place...:()

Anyway, will this be something that will take a little time before there is a hack for rooting it or will it be ready to root as soon as it hits the market? I'm really new at this stuff so I'm just askin'! Thanks :)
  5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

well the galaxy nexus will be google who does not care about root. it will depend on what samsung does. but i think that it will be rooted. when? now that is the question.
  6. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

I can't imagine it being that much different than the current VZW model. I would think that they would both use the same root method, etc..
  7. stri8ed

stri8ed Member

My current family plan on US-Cellular is about to get cancelled, and I am planning to switch to sprint. I originally wanted to wait for the galaxy nexus, but I have no time to wait since my current plan is gonna end any day. My question is which sprint android phone is my best bet? I want one that will definitely be upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich in the future.

8. lornaevo

lornaevo Well-Known Member

Nexus S 4G will get ics and galaxy s 2.
    stri8ed likes this.
  9. stri8ed

stri8ed Member

Nice. Looks like ill be getting the Nexus S. Can you tell me how it compares to the HTC EVO Design 4G?
  10. lornaevo

lornaevo Well-Known Member

The nexus s is a pure Google device. The EVO design is sense UI. Nexus S has no memory card slot and the EVO does.
  11. stri8ed

stri8ed Member

I prefer having the stock UI. Im reading mixed reviews for the nexus S, can anybody who owns one comment on overall day to day performance?

Also any ETA on Ice Cream Sandwich update?
  12. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

the camera on the nexus s blows IMO. can't even zoom!
  13. JMac202

JMac202 Well-Known Member

Nexus is a pretty good phone. Easy to root and install custom roms.

Radios are somewhat weak so if yo dont have good signal you'll drop some calls. Personally its not just a Nexus thing but a Samsung thing for the most part. Some will argue it's not but just check a few Samsung threads and decide for yourself.

I'd stay away from the Design. I like HTC but that phone has a lot of lag.
  14. momentoid

momentoid Well-Known Member

15. stri8ed

stri8ed Member

Well after doing some more research, its seems like the galaxy S2 is the most reliable and liked phone. My only concern is the price, and the size of the device (may be too big). Im gonna drop by a sprint store to get a feel for it.
  16. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

The Galaxy S 2 is the best phone currently on Sprint IMHO. You can't go wrong with that phone.
  17. hodad37

hodad37 Active Member

Nexus S 4G
  18. KOLIO

Couldn't you just stay on US CELLULAR on a month-to-month basis until you have more time to weigh your options?
  19. egkor

egkor Well-Known Member

Has Sprint even announced when their LTE Nexus will be available?

If you need a phone now, for me it would be a GS2 Epic Touch (that's what I own and am using right now).

-Gary K
  20. Tommydaniel

Tommydaniel Well-Known Member

They haven't announced it yet.
  21. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

the evo design is ... a med level spec smartphone.
    you want either the EVO 3D or Epic Touch or Photon

go play with those 3 in the store.
    BenChase7 likes this.
  22. SubaruB4

SubaruB4 Well-Known Member

I don't think I've heard anything yet? my current phone is the Evo 4G but right now I'm looking at the Samsung Galaxy S II only thing is I haven't heard much about the battery life.
  23. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

The Galaxy S II has pretty good battery life, one of the best I've seen/used on an Android devices. However, if your upgrade is in June, you're not gonna want to make any decisions yet. There should be alot better things coming to Sprint this summer.. Including Network Vision with 4G LTE. You'll want a phone that can take full advantage of this. So far the Galaxy Nexus and another LG phone have been announced. Your upgrade timing is actually pretty good.
  24. SubaruB4

SubaruB4 Well-Known Member

Yeah I was just wondering if they had any plans for the phones.. but I wonder how long the market for LTE is going to take for it to come?

I know it took maybe about 3-4 months after I got my 4g before I saw it live.
  25. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

We share the same curiosity, but I'm always around a WiFi connection, so I really don't care if LTE doesn't go live in NYC immediately. I can deal with having the updated phone and waiting a little bit to use the new network.