• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

recommend a successor to Galaxy Tab 2

dr4sight

Sep 6, 2011
Saugerties, NY
I received a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7" screen) from one of my sons three years ago as a birthday gift. It's really been good and I've enjoyed having it. But now it's acting a bit long in the tooth and I find it less responsive than it used to be. Three years in the electronics world can be a lifetime so I am thinking of getting a new tablet.

My needs aren't extensive in that I use the tablet for email, web surfing (mostly), and texting using the wifi app called Nextplus. A bigger screen would be nice. My wife has a 10" iPad and that size looks good although I am not crazy about the iPad itself. Think I will likely stay in the Android family.

So can anyone post suggestions as to which tablet to look into. I would say the number one priority is responsiveness. It's no fun to click on a hyperlink (in any of a number of browsers I have used) and then have to wait and wait for something to happen.

Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones