Recommend Battery Replacements that fit under stock coverAccessories

1. Will Rickards

Will Rickards Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm in need of a couple new batteries for a couple year old EVOs. I want batteries that fit under the stock cover. So no extended batteries. I read the threads but most recommend ebay but most ebay links don't work. I see various battery ratings from 1500, 1800, 1900, 2000 mah. I'm not sure any of them are accurate. Is there a reliable ebay seller for these? Or another reliable source?

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
    :
    star2011 likes this.
  2. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

I bought the 2000 (Gallileo) mAh batteries off of ebay. Have had zero problems, they fit under the stock cover and they last longer than the stock battery. Also, I charge my batteries on the external charger. I don't plug in my phone with the stock travel charger. Less wear and tear on the USB port.
    star2011 likes this.
  3. Will Rickards

Recommend a seller for those batteries? I'm just afraid of fakes.
  4. tube517

This is who I bought them from

flyingboy2010

That is all I know.

5. Will Rickards

Thanks, for $16 I guess I'll take the chance.
  6. tube517

I paid $21. With the EVO 3D coming out, all the EVO 4G accessories are cheaper now.

7. Will Rickards

Received them a few days ago, so pretty fast receiving them in about 8 days.
    Here are some pictures of what I received.
    There are some markings under the sticker:
    GAL
    484461T

They don't seem to last much longer than a 1 year old stock HTC 1500mah battery.
    They seem to spend more time in the half charged state.
  8. Will Rickards

Fully drained it till the phone died and then charged it to green.
    Fully draining it again it was just a couple hours over a day of battery life.
    Light use that day though, no 4G.
  9. furnace

furnace Member

Any more updates? How are they performing?

Did it come with the external charger?

Thanks!
  10. Will Rickards

They've dropped off quite significantly.
    I usually have to charge it during the day.
    In my wife's it is a bit worse, she definitely has to charge it during the day.
    Yes it came with the external charger but other than using that for the first charge, it sits on the shelf. I'm not going to take my case off just to charge the battery.

I'm considering the extended batteries. Or going back to stock OEM batteries.
  11. BerryChoppy

BerryChoppy Member

I am using the Seidio 1750 mAh battery. I got on Amazon for 34 bucks with free two day shipping with Prime membership. It has lasted me all day but if I use a lot then half a day with a charge during lunch.
  12. redraiduzz

redraiduzz Member

I bought, just a few months ago, back around the first of the year, two batteries and a charger on Amazon for $10!! They work great!

Charging it at my desk now! :)