• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recommend games?

KageBeast;[URL="tel:4045520" said:
4045520[/URL]]Can anybody recommend some games that run a decent speed on the ascend? Or give me a link to a list of games that run well on the ascend?

Anything that's not too graphic-intense,as this phone isn't known for its gaming abilities.
Nothing wrong w/the phone,just that it's an entry-level phone.

I believe BEJEWELED 2 played OK on this (memory is a bit fuzzy on this one).
Lots of people here play WORDS w/FRIENDS & there is a way to play ANGRY BIRDS on this phone,w/mixed results.

Use the SEARCH feature at the upper-right corner of this page & you'll find a couple of threads dedicated to installing & successfully playing ANGRY BIRDS.
The given steps may work w/other games as well.

Reactions: lriv
Upvote 0
bejeweled 1 and 2 work great on my ascend....jewels deluxe, Jungle Jewels Deluxe, yahtzee, dominoes, uno, 250 Solitaire Collection, jamdat's tetris, Dangerous Luxury Liner, Midnight Bowling 2, Midnight Pool 2, Monopoly, PAC-MAN, Random Mahjong, Scrabble, Slot Machine, Solitaire Deluxe Free, and Spades are all the games I have installed on my ascend...

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Since moving on from my Ascend, I've found that a lot of the games I played on it were actually going in slow motion. I didn't even know they were running slow until playing them on my Droid Incredible, and found that a lot of games were probably running at half speed!

Bottom line is, anything that's not graphically intensive should run OK on the Ascend, but anything that truly needs a GPU is going to run slow, run with low framerates, or lag.

A few games that I enjoyed on the Ascend:

Pandas VS Ninjas (good Angry Birds alternative that doesn't lag as badly, Angry Frogs is another)
Trap!
Super Tumble
Jewels Star
Mini Shot Basketball 2
Office Jerk
Tap And Furious (better than Ant Smasher if you ask me)
Toss It

Reactions: lriv
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones