Recommend me some ROMs

Last Updated:

1. ImageJPEG

ImageJPEG Well-Known Member

I don't know what's all out there. I haven't been on for a long I don't know what's all new. Is ICS officially out for Bionic yet?

Currently, I'm running Eclipse v 2.1 RC1.

System version:

Android 2.3.4

Linux kernel version:

I'm also running Debian on my desktop and Mac OS X Lion on my laptop...I have no clue what tools run for those operating I use to do everything in Windows.

2. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

ICS is not officially out but there are a few ICS ROMs that still lack a few things like hardware acceleration but they work well enough just to see what ICS is like. The newest Gingerbread ROM as far as I know is that Eclipse just got updated to 3.0.

The Bionic software itself is up to 905. I believe you have to go back to stock in order to get the update to install.

I'm currently on 905 with Eclipse 3.0, used the ICS Roms for a while but got tired of the couple of features that are still missing.
  3. rezajune

rezajune Well-Known Member

I have eclipse 3.0 on .905 update. I love the eclipse roms.

I just re-flashed my phone to stock because I had so many data issues with 4G. Barely had data.

So I don't know if its the rom that is causing this or if I have a bad phone. I just replaced it with a new sim card and that did not do anything.

I will keep you updated
  4. ImageJPEG

Rebooted my phone this morning at bricked itself. Wont turn on...all you see is a black screen and you can see the backlight turned on. Looks like a fun night of VirtualBox, Windows XP and RSD Lite...yay.

I'll go looking for the RSD Lite instructions and upgrading the radio image...also, what are some vanilla ROMs that are out?
  5. ImageJPEG

Also, how would I upgrade from 901 to 905?
  6. ImageJPEG

Every single 902 file I try flashing via RSD Lite fails at step 2. I'm running Windows XP on VirtualBox. I can't get anything working on the damn thing. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I can't find a 901 stock ROM...I don't know if it's the files I'm using (the 902 file is about 667 MB) or if it's the use of Linux + VirtualBox.
  7. ImageJPEG

Just tried a 5.5.893 stock image with same issue...failed at step 2.

I've found and downloaded Eclipse 2.2 and installed it via SafeStrap (thank God!!!)

Now I need to figure out how to upgrade to I've been saying :/
  8. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

Google the Bionic Pathsaver Utility and that can get you back to fully stock 902 and help with rooting. From there you can check if you can get the 905 OTA update by checking for system updates in the settings menu, if not look around on the forums people have uploaded the 905 file that you can download yourself, put it on your SD card, and flash it from the stock recovery.
  9. dhworph

dhworph Well-Known Member

I'm on 905 and eclipse 3.0 and it is great. I can't wait for ICS...