Recommendation anyone thats not gonna flame?

Last Updated:

1. Punz203

Punz203 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Finally understands Roms,Kernals and Deodexed which im leaving alone. Im running UD Froyo Beta. It keeps the phone looking stock wit a bit of performance. and im running a 1.2 Kernal but i run it at 1.1. Im getting bored and want something thats not as buggy and looks pretty sick. What do u guys think?

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you mean by "UD Froyo Beta" ... but whatever, doesn't really matter.

Always keep in mind that no ROM runs the same on two different DROIDs. So while we can make recommendations, ultimately you're going to have to experiment to see what ROM (and Kernel combo) works best for you and your DROID.

I love UD 2.0.0. But it seems to be buggy for some. Not for me ... at all.

I liked LFY 1.9.x. This is the ROM I think you should try first. A ton of theming options, and a solid ROM. Plus, good tech support from GurLuvsDroid. ;)

Bugless Beast is always a solid choice ... that's my third recommendation for you.

If you haven't already installed it, or use it, get Titanium BackUp. (I recommend you pay for the "Pro" version.) It makes switching ROMs so effortless.

Have fun, and good luck.

3. Punz203

Yea i been using Rom Manager Premium and checking out the preinstalled roms and kernals in there. Thats here i Got the UD Froyo Beta.... I tried the UD New Era 1.0 but it was buggy and the UD v10 doesnt work on the Rom manager. Does the Rom Manager Updates with New Roms?

4. smpage

smpage Well-Known Member

If you're relying on Rom Manager to switch roms then I believe LFY is in there currently. That one would be worth checking out.

5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Keep in mind that all the Ultimate Droid ROMs in ROM Manager are very old. Do not use them. Good luck, make backups early & often and happy ROMming!

6. androidlover14

androidlover14 Well-Known Member

make sure to try out cyanogen mod. others seem to have forgot about that one. my bad about the other day and my "nerd attack". was having a bad day since I found out 2 people that I kind of knew had died. But yeah try that and Ultimate Droid 1 & 2. Go here to find a list of developers for roms, themes, kernels, etc. once your there there will be a list of developers and you will find pretty much everything there. I recommend taking a look at these sections: bugless, chevyno1, cvpcs, koush, liquid, lithium mod, steel droid, teamD1-Miui, and of course the Ultimate Droid. Those are the better developers for the droid. You will find kernels by going here.

7. jdailey1981

jdailey1981 Well-Known Member

I'm running CM6 and it is flawless

8. bdal1

bdal1 Well-Known Member

I tried those ud roms in rom manager. They are not the current versions of UD.
    I recommend downloading directly from the forums..

9. Punz203

Its coo... wasn't sweating it. I'm gonna check out the UD I hear alot about them and it just sounds like its gonna steroid my phone up.