Recommendation for tutorial needed..icon,wallpaper,dock,etc.

Last Updated:

1. Imposter

Imposter Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 27, 2010
    I am a complete newbie in this forum, with a smartphone and to the whole world of android please be kind.

Could anyone direct me to a thread here or somewhere that discusses the customization of the visuals on the Vibrant.
    I know I'm asking for a lot considering this is a two week old phone but the concept within android is probably the same for all phones.
    I did a very quick search but you guys know this place like home. :)

I tried a few things I found in the Evo screenshot thread but I'm just not getting something. Not sure if it's me or because it's a different phone.

Thanks tons in advance.

2. yummytyson

yummytyson Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Well for display settings just press menu then settings then sound and display. As for icons you can't really do much (as far as I know) aside from moving them around. to edit wallpapers just hold down anywhere on the home screen for a second or two and some options will come up. You can download a wallpapers app in the market. For more customizable options you can download launcher pro from the market and I am sure that there is a tutorial on that somewhere
  3. Nickk

Nickk Active Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Far left button on the menu is where you are going to add widgets and the like. To add applications to different screens, go to the screen you want it on, open application menu and long press the app.

As for icons, there isnt much you can do without downloading either LauncherPro or ADW launcher. Both of these are customizable UIs. I know with launcher pro at least you can change the icons for the different apps and customize the buttons on the dock (bottom bar). Launcher pro also adds a sense UI like pinch-to-view all the home screens.