• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recommendation for unlocked android phone

bknewtype

Jun 29, 2010
New York
Hey all

its been awhile since i been on the boards so im out of the android loop. My friend just updated her contract from a texting plan (15) to 100 minutes, unlimited data and text for 30/month.

she is looking into 2 phones: either the Google Nexus 4 or the Iphone 5 unlocked. She wants the Nexus 4 cause her brother has it and she liked it. Is able to be on tmobiles 4G network. however, it seems like its sold out and people are jacking the price up to around 450-500, which in that case she may want an iphone instead. Would an unlocked iphone 5 be able to use tmobiles 4G network? or would it only b 3g? edge?

anyways, the main question is, what other android phones are comparable to the nexus 4 within the same 300$ range and would support tmobiles 4G network? thanks in advance.

Reactions: The Nooner
Either this is a spam bot or what.. but there are plenty of phones on tmobile to choose from

No im not a spam bot lol

Well i search searched through what they offer at the store. None of them she liked. She ultimately likes the nexus 4 but due to the back order it may not b possible. Which is why im asking if ppl can recommend a phone thats comparable to the nexus 4 in the 300 price range ( without contract) that will work on tmobiles 4g band

Upvote 0
No im not a spam bot lol

Well i search searched through what they offer at the store. None of them she liked. She ultimately likes the nexus 4 but due to the back order it may not b possible. Which is why im asking if ppl can recommend a phone thats comparable to the nexus 4 in the 300 price range ( without contract) that will work on tmobiles 4g band

Not much out for $300 that can compete with the N4 on tmobile... If she wants to do prepaid the LG optimus L9 is $199, don't know much about it... Or there's the galaxy s3 but thats $500 but will save money in the end... Or she can wait till blackberry 10 is announced on January 30th to see what BB is coming to tmobile..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones