• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recommendation on an Audio Recording Application

JoshReynold

Lurker
Jan 28, 2012
Now, normally I use RecForge Pro for quality audio and that works great
My computer with all its fans and hardware, makes a lot of noise that I dont care for in my recordings, and so I use my phone
But plugging it into my computer whenever I need to work on them, is a bit of a pain, and Dropbox takes time too
So i was wondering if there is ANY way for my to record audio on my phone and have it simultaneously save on my computer wirelessly over maybe WiFi or Bluetooth
I know its a bit of a stretch, but there must be someway to do it
Cheers

I have the perfect solution for you.

The app is "Automatic Call Recorder" (Developer: Global Effect).
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.globaleffect.callrecord

I have tried multiple automatic call recorders before. I have had different issues with each one until this app.

I will get right to the benefits that are important me (there are more):
- calls automatically recorded
- crystal clear (and I am not kidding!)
- call recordings include the contact name (rather than just show the number)
- you can tag recorded calls as important to access them quicker
- you can share the recording
- you can add a memo to the call recording
- you can search for recordings (will refer to contact info or memo)
- you can choose what file format you want (I prefer MP3)
- and the best feature of all, you can link the app to Google Drive and have your recordings loaded to Google Drive (which would provide you exactly what you are looking for: the ability to access your call recordings on your computer) *** SCREEN SHOT ATTACHED ***
- one more thing, the share option above (screen shot below) provides you the ability to one off share a recording to Google Drive (rather than send all to Google Drive with the link to Google Drive feature) *** SCREEN SHOT ATTACHED ***

I attempted to share the following screen shots that you can view in the link above
- Link to Google Drive
- Share options

Last but not least, I will provide you how this app helped me just yesterday:
- I have had multiple issues with my car
- The owner called me and told me he would only charge me for the coils
- When I went to the mechanic later in the day, I was provided a bill that also included labor charges
- I was able to play for the employee a crystal clear recording of the call in which the owner stated that he would only charge me for the coils

I was just bragging about this app today to our head internal tech support guy, who is a very passionate Android user. I was surprised that he did not even know it was possible to do this.

This should be your solution.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 6.51.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 6.51.15 AM.png
    164.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 6.51.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 6.51.31 AM.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 40
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones