Recommended 16gb micro sd card in UKAccessories

Last Updated:

1. pk1209

pk1209 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Before my phone arrived I ordered a 16gb card from Ebay coming from Hong Kong - card arrived yesterday and when I was copying files to the card it stalled and when I unplugged the usb, the phone told me the card was corrupt and needed formatting. This happened over and over, so looks like I've got a duff card for my

Advertisement
  2. Zarch

Zarch Well-Known Member

3. brad-short

brad-short Well-Known Member

Befor you give up the card, try disconnecting Safely by using the USB icon in the notification area. It may stop you losing data mid transfer . . .

4. pk1209

I couldn't even disconnect the drive either. I've been reading today that it might even be a problem with the fact i'm on Windows 7 x64 running a Nvidia Chipset with over 4gb of ram! Seems to be a documented problem copying to usb with this setup and the MS hotfix just didn't work!

Have another pc running on XP, so will try copying from there...

Will let you know.

Thanks for posting the other thread - missed that when I searched!

5. brad-short

brad-short Well-Known Member

WEll i run Win 7 x64 too, and have the issue. Ati tho

6. ukzen

ukzen Well-Known Member

Ebay has had a spate of bogus cards and flash drives ,they say they are 16GB but they have been doctored to show 16GB when they are as little as 1GB or less ,they even go thru the process of copying files etc .

7. scokem

scokem Active Member

I bought this one yesterday - should be arriving tomorrow:

SanDisk 16GB Mobile Ultra at MyMemory

From the few reviews I read, it's actually a class 4 card with some built in boosting technology (hence the "Ultra" part of the name) and it's rather good. I'll be sure to let you know how I get on with it.

8. pk1209

Tried copying the files from my XP machine and still fails, so yeah pretty sure the card is a duff.

Don't think I'll be ordering flash memory off ebay anymore!

9. 3IY

3IY New Member

PK1209,

I think I fell for the same deal in Hong Kong. I got mine on ebay from SunYou Longistics Limited using ebay bidder name Sonxin_80885. I am having the same problem. After loading half of my 7 GB of music the download stalls and gives a cyclic error. After that the phone does not recognize it or even the pre-installed memory that is on the phone. The phone says there is a problem with the SD card and to reformat. I have been through this four times now. Twice trying it with a usb cord and twice inserting the chip directly into my laptop. Same results each time. I am now trying the same thing with the 16 GB chip that came with my roommates moto droid. At the start of the download, the HK chip said 81 minutes remaining. The original Sandisk is saying 21 minutes. By the way, the chip from her phone and the one from Hong Kong do not even look the same on the back. The moto Sandisk chip has a raised area where the circuity is located and the Hong Kong chip is flat. I am guessing these are re-branded generic chips. It does show as a 16GB chip using windows explorer. Just finished the download with no problems. Except that the phone does not recognize all of the songs on the chip. Windows explorer sees them all but not the phone. I have unmounted and remounted three times and each time it shows a different number of songs. Of the 4000+ it has shown 6, 42 and now 185. When I loaded all of them onto the internal fixed chip the phone recognized them all. WTF? This is on the Droid Incredible.

10. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Well-Known Member

Make sure you give the worst possible feedback on ebay for the seller...