Recommended Ad Networks for Amazon / Kindle Fire?

1. jasonx

jasonx New Member

We recently released our apps on the Amazon Appstore (and Kindle Fire) for the first time recently, I've been very pleased with my download numbers (which have been comparable or stronger than on Google Play).

Now the key is monetization!

I'm currently using AdMob and Millennial Media for banner and 200x250 square ads while downloading. While these networks have worked great for me on iOS and Google Play, on Amazon not so much. While I can't be 100% sure, I have a feeling that it's because most of the ads shown are for Google Play apps that don't link to a way to download via Amazon!

So I guess that brings up the question - does anyone have experience with or recommendations on ad networks that work well with Amazon users? Are there any ad networks that have Amazon-specific accounts (showing ads that link to Amazon downloads) that you have found?

I'm honestly kind of surprised that Amazon hasn't made their own ad network for the Amazon Appstore that shows relevant Amazon content (apps, videos, goods, etc) as they are so good at monetizing that otherwise.

Advertisement
  2. RazzleFnDazzle

RazzleFnDazzle Well-Known Member

Admob says they won't display google play ads to users on a Kindle Fire. However, I read that just a couple weeks ago they have confirmed there is a bug that is displaying play ads instead. I'm not sure if you want to stick it out with them or not. Millennial Media claims that they can specifically handle ads for Amazon devices as well.

Amazon stays out of the ad business because that is not something they've done. They would probably need to purchase a company to really get going in that front. Their equivalent is just showing you around the app store. They won't go out of their just yet to make an ad network for other devices.

You might have an issue with the fact not as many amazon users are advertising. It could be Play brings you in more money because there is a larger user front.

I haven't actually published to amazon so I don't know of any ad sites offhand but I haven't heard of any.