• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Recommended me a Rom!! I am a Sky Raider 3.5 User !!

i used sky raider athena for a little while, and have been running the CM7 nightlies pretty exclusively. Just some thoughts of things i was thinking of trying out, that i maybe didnt give enough time to when i first rooted.
Warm Z two point two
Incredibly re-engineered
Redemptive Revolution(ran the sensless version for awhile)
saw a rom called Magnolia on xda that looked nice and seemed like people liked
Incredibly Re-engineered Z
or possibly Liquid Metal

Those are on my list to try out, i have been on CM for awhile and got out of the loop on what other roms are being developed as most of the above have been around for awhile.

Upvote 0
Are there and gingerbread 2.3 roms using sense? Or is that not possible yet?

Nothing yet.

OP: I'd give incROM a try if you haven't. IncROM and Sky Raider 3.5 are my favorites right now. Sky Raider 4.0 will be released on Easter according to ihtfp69. I'm on incROM 1.6 right now and couldn't be happier. The dev, lllboredlll, is very attentive to input from users in his xda post as well. I'd link to it, but xda is undergoing maintenance right now.

Upvote 0
I'm going to throw a vote out there for Cyanogen Mod 7. I previously ran Virtuous 2.3 up until a month ago when I started to play around with newer roms. I tried Warm Z Twopointtwo and wasn't all that impressed so I loaded up CM7. I like it because I feel like I have a new phone with all of the new updated graphics. I would recommend giving the 7.0 final version a try for a few days and if you don't like it, Nandroid back to your current rom and load a different one.

EDIT: oops you said Sense! Missed that when scanning through. IMO, Sense is way over rated. I've been using Launcher Pro for quite a while now. Still give CM7 a try!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones