• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Recompiling a native shared library

tareqhs

Lurker
Jan 5, 2010
Hi,

I'm trying to modify the internal native Skia libraries and I'm facing some difficulties. Below is related to Donut r2 (branch donut-release2).

I cloned the relevant branch of Skia and the projects it depends on from the git repository. Initially I tried cloning and modifying the build.git project, but I couldn't figure out how to force it into building specific projects instead of the whole platform.

Then I built manually with the NDK, but this didn't make it because the Skia project requires pthread library (strange, thought thread functions are in libcutils in Android...). When commenting out the -ldpthread in the make, the built library is about 5 times normal size, strangely, and doesn't work.

Can you please help me? I need to make a valid rebuild of the shared libraries of Skia..

Note: All above is before applying any source modifications!

Thank you

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones