Reconditioning battery, whats the fastest way to drainSupport

Last Updated:

1. bootsie

bootsie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been flashing a bunch of roms and its suggested to recondition battery, what is the fastest way to go from 100-0 on the vibrant. I dont have Avatar on here anymore so that is out. Any ideas???? I turn everything on, brightness all the way, screen time out, syncing yadayadayada

Seems like playing Youtube videos does a good job of quickly draining it

Let me know

Advertisement
  2. boomerbubba

boomerbubba Well-Known Member

In Settings, select mode to keep screen on. Turn up screen brightness to max.

Enable the GPS. Open My Tracks in maps mode (not satellite) so the display is mostly white, and select My Location and Record Track.

3. Night.Hawk

Night.Hawk Member

you shouldn't be doing this with Lithium Ion battery technologies. The draining technique was meant for older NiMh type rechargeable batteries.

4. bootsie

Its all about calibration on a custom ROM. Once you wipe the battery stats you need to process a cycle so the software reports accurate readings on the battery meter.

5. bootsie

And it took me 4.5 hours to deplete it. Screen on the whole time, watching you tube videos and changed all settings to be battery intensive. Now I hope I can remember which ones I changed! HA

6. Nick5629

Nick5629 New Member

...Upgrade to JI6...

7. Vibrant X2

Vibrant X2 Guest

Found this:
    ""HOW TO RECONDITION YOUR BATTERY
    If your battery seems to drain fast, or if you are changing roms, you might want to try the following to help your battery. Master posted the following instructions (this assumes you have root and clockwork recovery):
    1.) Drain your battery to the point it shuts off on it's own..
    2.) Plug it in & let it charge over night (While it is still off)
    3.) Launch into ClockWork Recovery by holding the "VOL UP", "VOL DOWN", & "Power" release those buttons after you see the second Vibrant screen.
    4.) Press "reinstall packages" (It should take you to the Clockwork Mod Recovery screen, If it didn't then press "reinstall packages' again)
    5.) Go to "advanced"
    6.) Press "Wipe Battery Stats"
    7.) Reboot
    ** I drain my battery to as low as it will go, but not all the way. I also charge it for only about an extra hour max, once it's fully charged. **""

All information came from here [Tips & Tricks] Last Update: 10/14/10 ** JI6 Guide / 2.2. Market / H.ware Locked ** - xda-developers

Scotty2 likes this.