General Reconsidering the Rezound

1. Satires

Satires Well-Known Member

If you have a phone like the droid X, Hang on to it! This phone (The Rezound) is great for a first purchase, but not as an upgrade in my opinion...

My Droid X did a great job...

(Cries)

Miss her...

Maybe I'll sell this rezound...

The "X" had it's flaws, but was faster in the long run...

Tooda loo....

I don't care about bench marks! User happiness comes first, not some hyped up test...

I will keep the paper weight! I already got suckered into buying it! It's mine now! But it really doesn't fly that much better than a phone I was already happy with. I think it has to do with "HTC's" bloat. They come up with a great phone with awesome hardware specs, then drag it down with GARBAGE!

Advertisement
  2. Corki2

Corki2 Well-Known Member

I came from the Droid X running Liberty 3 with an ICS theme. I liked it. I kept it as a backup. I like my Rezound better. I like Sense over Blur. My gripe with the X was browser speed sucked. I love being able to zip through the web on my 4g Rezound. I agree the X is still a great device. They just put our an update for it which surprised the heck out of me.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  3. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member

My dx was pretty good. It would freeze quite a bit and the keyboard would completely vanish and was laggy but over all it was a solid phone. The rezound completely obliterates it. It has been flawless, no crashes at all and feels about twice as fast.

Sell your rezound and use your dx, problem solved.
  4. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member

Your fault!
  5. PaulQ

PaulQ Active Member

I'm not sure why there are any responses to this since there are no specific reasons given for his dislike of the Rezound except lack of "user happiness." Tough to contest or support that.

If it does suck for him, that's unfortunate. I wouldn't want to end up with a phone I don't like.
  6. schimm

schimm Well-Known Member

I think Satires is being satirical.
  7. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

I never used the X. But coming from a Dinc this phone rocks in every aspect. I guess if you're not happy, which is the bottom line, a step back to the X might be the ticket.
  8. wintersg3

wintersg3 Well-Known Member

If you were that happy with your DX then why get a new phone at all? Also you were running a custom rom, why not a rom on the new phone? If a particular OEM makes a phone I like that much I tend to stick with them. I'm surprised you didn't go with another Motorola phone.
  9. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Just a quick note / reminder here guys to keep to attacking issues and not each other here.

Okay? :)

Thanks!
  10. I think the rezound is a good not great phone. my sister has the rezound but it just looks like old tech when my nexus is near it. but i do think it is a good phone.

P.S. allso i hate htc design all htc phones looks same droid inc cough.
  11. daffy113

daffy113 Well-Known Member

I had the DX and love the Rezound. It feels leaps and bounds better on speed and overall.

Maybe you have stuff slowing it down.

I'm rooted and have tons of things running on this beautifully.
  12. aaronwt

aaronwt Member

How does it look like old tech? It has a screen with a 1280x720 resolution. How many phones have that? It also has a dual core 1.5Ghz processor. How many phones have that? It is anything but old tech.
  13. schimm

schimm Well-Known Member

He may not realize that many of us are former Gnex owners who ditched it because we rather have a phone with no reception issues vs one that functioned as a pretty paperweight.
  14. andr01d

andr01d Well-Known Member

Schimm is good and he's correct too.

We actually prefer people with time/energy go to other websites to bash the ifruity phones and not the various android family phones here!! :D

bye
  15. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Well, just so everyone's clear (smiley-face icon notwithstanding), we welcome all viewpoints and opinions here at AF as long as its done respectfully and within the site rules and guidelines.

Now, where (which forum / thread) that discussion takes place is another matter...(staying on-topic is always a good thing).

Thanks! :)
    -SA
  16. schimm

schimm Well-Known Member

Agreed....and yes, we should be happy we've got good stuff to choose from. Very obviously one of those did not work for me (and others) but the cross forum poo I thought would be done by now. Though the thread title does not help.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  17. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

Had the DX, not a bad phone. Had the Rezound, really good phone. Just sold the Rezound and got the Maxx. Really good phone too. Enjoy life.....