Record Audio>Save Audio File>Email Audio File??

Last Updated:

1. bnag0

bnag0 Member

Hello everyone, just scratching the surface of tasker and wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to find this step by step. ...

Profile: When person incorrectly enters lock screen pattern

Task: Record Audio, Save Audio, Email Audio....

thanks in advance

By the way i already have the task to take a picture and email it to me but i cant figure out how to do the audio recording....

Advertisement
  2. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

Record Audio is under Media. You should be able to change the Take Picture action in the picture taking example.
  3. bnag0

bnag0 Member

Tried that : /

In the picture task its saved as %PHOTONUMBER

i think there is something specific i need to save the audio as for it to work, and i don't know it...
  4. bberryhill0

I don't see %PHOTONUMBER.
  5. bnag0

bnag0 Member

Here is the take photo and send via email task...
    Taken from this site post#692 [APP] Tasker: Share your setup - Page 70 - xda-developers

I think if i can change the things i have in bold to audio somehow it will work but i don't know the "code" %AUDIO???

Set Profile:
    Add new profile -> name it watever you want -> State -> Plugin -> Secure Settings -> Configuration: Edit -> Failed Login Attempts -> type number of attempts you want (remember to tick Device admin Enabled) -> Save -> Done

Set Tasks:
    New Task -> name it yourself
    Click + -> Net -> Mobi data -> On
    Click + -> Net -> Wifi -> On
    Click + -> Task -> Wait -> 2 seconds
    Click + -> Media -> Take Photo -> Camera: Front -> Filename: %PHOTONUMBER
    Click + -> Variable -> Variable set -> Name: %PHOTONUMBER ->To: 1
    Click + -> Variable -> Variable add -> Name: %PHOTONUMBER -> Value: 1
    Click + -> Variable -> Variable set -> Name: %EMAIL_USER -> To: your Gmail address (only Gmail support so far)
    Click + -> Variable -> Variable set -> Name: %EMAIL_PSWD -> To: your Gmail password
    Click + -> Variable -> Variable set -> Name: %EMAIL_TO -> To: email address you want to send to
    Click + -> Variable -> Variable set -> Name: %EMAIL_ATTACH -> To: /sdcard/DCIM/Tasker/%PHOTONUMBER.jpg
    Click + -> Script -> Run SL4A Script -> Name: sendemailA.py -> Pass Variables: %EMAIL_USER,%EMAIL_PSWD,%EMAIL_TO,%EMAIL_ATTACH
    Click + -> Net -> Mobi data -> Off

Any ideas?
  6. bberryhill0

7. bnag0

bnag0 Member

8. bberryhill0

It's confusing because they used all caps for %PHOTONUMBER but it's just a normal variable. Use a filename like the example I linked to.
  9. bnag0

bnag0 Member

So so far i got this...

Click + -> Media -> Record Audio -> File: /sdcard/media/audio/Recording-> Source: Microphone -> Size: 50 -> Format: MP4
    Click + -> Task -> Wait -> 30 Seconds
    Click + -> Media -> Record Audio Stop
    Click + -> Variable -> Variable set -> Name: %EMAIL_USER -> To: your Gmail address (only Gmail support so far)
    Click + -> Variable -> Variable set -> Name: %EMAIL_PSWD -> To: your Gmail password
    Click + -> Variable -> Variable set -> Name: %EMAIL_TO -> To: email address you want to send to
    Click + -> Variable -> Variable set -> Name: %EMAIL_ATTACH -> To: /sdcard/media/audio/Recording.mp4
    Click + -> Script -> Run SL4A Script -> Name: sendemailA.py -> Pass Variables: %EMAIL_USER,%EMAIL_PSWD,%EMAIL_TO,%EMAIL_ATTACH

This will successfully save the 30 scond long recording but for some reason when i get the email nothing is attached...
  10. bnag0

bnag0 Member

GOT IT

Click + -> Media -> Record Audio -> File: /sdcard/media/audio/Recording-> Source: Microphone -> Size: 50 -> Format: 3gp
    Click + -> Task -> Wait -> 30 Seconds
    Click + -> Media -> Record Audio Stop
    Click + -> Task -> Wait -> 10 Seconds
    Click + -> Variable -> Variable set -> Name: %EMAIL_ATTACH -> To: /sdcard/media/audio/Recording.3gp
  11. bnag0

bnag0 Member

Now i plan to set that 30 seconds to about a minute and set the profile up so when someone fails at entering my pattern it not only takes a picture of them but also records audio for 1 minute....

You could also throw your phone on vibrate text a key word and have it record audio and send to your email :0 spyphone
  12. bberryhill0

And add the GPS coordinates so you know where your phone is....
  13. bnag0

bnag0 Member

Yea i have a separate Profile for that, I wish you could put like 5 tasks in one profile... I guess you could make one really long task...
  14. bberryhill0

Or you could have one task that Performs the other tasks.
  15. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Then use face recognition to pick them out of your contacts list (if in it) and send them a text and email saying "I KNOW WHAT YOU DID!!!"
    bberryhill0 likes this.