Record Audio>Save Audio File>Email Audio File??

1. bnag0

bnag0 Member

Hello everyone, just scratching the surface of tasker and wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to find this step by step. ...

Profile: When person incorrectly enters lock screen pattern

Task: Record Audio, Save Audio, Email Audio....

thanks in advance

By the way i already have the task to take a picture and email it to me but i cant figure out how to do the audio recording....

Advertisement
    :
  2. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

Record Audio is under Media. You should be able to change the Take Picture action in the picture taking example.
  3. bnag0

bnag0 Member

Tried that : /

In the picture task its saved as %PHOTONUMBER

i think there is something specific i need to save the audio as for it to work, and i don't know it...
  4. bberryhill0

I don't see %PHOTONUMBER.
  5. bnag0

bnag0 Member

Here is the take photo and send via email task...
    Taken from this site post#692 [APP] Tasker: Share your setup - Page 70 - xda-developers

I think if i can change the things i have in bold to audio somehow it will work but i don't know the "code" %AUDIO???

Set Profile:
    Add new profile -> name it watever you want -> State -> Plugin -> Secure Settings -> Configuration: Edit -> Failed Login Attempts -> type number of attempts you want (remember to tick Device admin Enabled) -> Save -> Done

Set Tasks:
    New Task -> name it yourself
    Click + -> Net -> Mobi data -> On
    Click + -> Net -> Wifi -> On
    Click + -> Task -> Wait -> 2 seconds
    Click + -> Media -> Take Photo -> Camera: Front -> Filename: %PHOTONUMBER
    Click + -> Variable -> Variable set -> Name: %PHOTONUMBER ->To: 1
    Click + -> Variable -> Variable add -> Name: %PHOTONUMBER -> Value: 1
    Click + -> Variable -> Variable set -> Name: %EMAIL_USER -> To: your Gmail address (only Gmail support so far)
    Click + -> Variable -> Variable set -> Name: %EMAIL_PSWD -> To: your Gmail password
    Click + -> Variable -> Variable set -> Name: %EMAIL_TO -> To: email address you want to send to
    Click + -> Variable -> Variable set -> Name: %EMAIL_ATTACH -> To: /sdcard/DCIM/Tasker/%PHOTONUMBER.jpg
    Click + -> Script -> Run SL4A Script -> Name: sendemailA.py -> Pass Variables: %EMAIL_USER,%EMAIL_PSWD,%EMAIL_TO,%EMAIL_ATTACH
    Click + -> Net -> Mobi data -> Off

Any ideas?
  6. bberryhill0

7. bnag0

bnag0 Member

8. bberryhill0

It's confusing because they used all caps for %PHOTONUMBER but it's just a normal variable. Use a filename like the example I linked to.
  9. bnag0

bnag0 Member

So so far i got this...

Click + -> Media -> Record Audio -> File: /sdcard/media/audio/Recording-> Source: Microphone -> Size: 50 -> Format: MP4
    Click + -> Task -> Wait -> 30 Seconds
    Click + -> Media -> Record Audio Stop
    Click + -> Variable -> Variable set -> Name: %EMAIL_USER -> To: your Gmail address (only Gmail support so far)
    Click + -> Variable -> Variable set -> Name: %EMAIL_PSWD -> To: your Gmail password
    Click + -> Variable -> Variable set -> Name: %EMAIL_TO -> To: email address you want to send to
    Click + -> Variable -> Variable set -> Name: %EMAIL_ATTACH -> To: /sdcard/media/audio/Recording.mp4
    Click + -> Script -> Run SL4A Script -> Name: sendemailA.py -> Pass Variables: %EMAIL_USER,%EMAIL_PSWD,%EMAIL_TO,%EMAIL_ATTACH

This will successfully save the 30 scond long recording but for some reason when i get the email nothing is attached...
  10. bnag0

bnag0 Member

GOT IT

Click + -> Media -> Record Audio -> File: /sdcard/media/audio/Recording-> Source: Microphone -> Size: 50 -> Format: 3gp
    Click + -> Task -> Wait -> 30 Seconds
    Click + -> Media -> Record Audio Stop
    Click + -> Task -> Wait -> 10 Seconds
    Click + -> Variable -> Variable set -> Name: %EMAIL_ATTACH -> To: /sdcard/media/audio/Recording.3gp
  11. bnag0

bnag0 Member

Now i plan to set that 30 seconds to about a minute and set the profile up so when someone fails at entering my pattern it not only takes a picture of them but also records audio for 1 minute....

You could also throw your phone on vibrate text a key word and have it record audio and send to your email :0 spyphone
  12. bberryhill0

And add the GPS coordinates so you know where your phone is....
  13. bnag0

bnag0 Member

Yea i have a separate Profile for that, I wish you could put like 5 tasks in one profile... I guess you could make one really long task...
  14. bberryhill0

Or you could have one task that Performs the other tasks.
  15. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Then use face recognition to pick them out of your contacts list (if in it) and send them a text and email saying "I KNOW WHAT YOU DID!!!"
    bberryhill0 likes this.