1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Record It Problem

Last Updated:

1. Jim255

Jim255 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am using the excellent Record It utility to allow me to send record instructions to my Sky+ box.
    All was well until the last update, where version 3.6.0 was corrupted in the Android Market. I have spoken to the developer by email and the problem has been fixed now. However, whenever I try to download now, the download fails, and Market FC's when I cancel the download.
    I have managed to find an old version I had backed up, but I am now stuck at v2.7.3.
    Can someone post the apk for version 2.8.0 please? I have asked the developer, but he did not reply. This is a paid app, and is linked to the phone ID, so I am not trying to install without paying.

Many thanks.

Advertisement
  2. williap

williap Member

I did a hard reset of my phone and had problems trying to download the app again.

I emailed the developer to tell him and within a few hours he emailed back to say he had resummited the app to the market for which I then downloaded no problem.

I have emailed this developer in the past a few times and always found him helpful so I would expect you to receive a reply soon.

3. Jim255

He replied straight away suggesting I download again, but I cannot.
    When I emailed again about him sending me the apk, he did not respond which made me think he is reluctant to send it to me for some reason.

4. Saint2710

Saint2710 Well-Known Member

He also responded to me very quickly with a similar problem. I was allowed to download without any problem. You haven't inadvertently uninstalled the app (you should receive a refund for it) if so you may have purchase it again. If not try contacting him again.

5. martin_edinburg

martin_edinburg Active Member

Why not use the official Sky+ app?

6. Jim255

There's an official Sky+ app????
    I can't seem to find it. I can see an iPhone (*spit*) version is available on the MySky site, but I can only find an unofficial Sky+ record on AppBrain.

Any ideas?

7. martin_edinburg

martin_edinburg Active Member

Jim255 likes this.
  8. williap

williap Member

There is also an update out today for Record It so give that a go as well.

I have the Sky + app and find this to be the best one though as had a few problems with Record It.

9. Jim255

I am going to leave the Sky+ app on as well as RecordIT as the latter has a nice EPG type view.

p.s. Could not find ANY mention of remote record for Android in My Sky, only for the *other* kind of devices - quite pathetic, Rupert!