Recording call on a Desire

Last Updated:

1. reddeviluk

reddeviluk Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All, I have recently been driven into by another driver and so am in phone contact with the other driver. I would like to record one of the calls where he admits liability and was wondering if this is possible on the HTC Desire (2.2 Froyo). Not sure if there's an app out there or if there's something already pre-installed on the Desire that will allow me to do this.

Any thoughts?,

Cheers,

Rich

Advertisement
  2. JustAUserName

JustAUserName Active Member

Not sure about the abilities of the phone in this regard but I would check up in the legal issues of recording the phone call with the other driver.

It may be the case like with call centres that they have to tell you that they are recording the call.

3. Eugene's Mac

Eugene's Mac Well-Known Member

The standard voice recorder works, but best on speakerphone. You can hear both sides if the recording gets turned up a bit. Not perfect, but sufficient. To my knowledge you have to declare the call recorded to be used officially, but not declaring it still helps to sway people to aid on your behalf. Been there and done that with ex from hell.

4. bunnisher

bunnisher Well-Known Member

Apologies for the OT (please remove if need be):

As a lurker since becoming a proud Desire "parent" in May...and currently my mind being in work mode, I wouldn't bother too much about trying to record any confession. Courts in road traffic accident cases rarely, if at all, recognise any admissions of guilt, written or otherwise, due to the fact that some people may be confused after the accident or simply feel intimidated and will say/do anything to get out of an uncomfortable situation.

Not to mention the issue other posters have mentioned about notifying the other party that the call is being recorded prior to engaging in conversation. It may just cause more trouble than it's worth, imo. Let the plain facts sort themselves out - pics immediately after an accident are worth more than any confession. Did you have your awesome Desire with you? :p

Back to the shadows...

mercurystar999 likes this.
  5. Surreyuser

Surreyuser Active Member

Even if you don't use the recording in an 'official' cpacity, it can be used for your personal use to remind yourself of what has been said, to prevent the other person from twisting what you or they have said, which I do not believe is illegal. And by the way, the Desire is useless at recording calls - there appears to be no connection from the speaker into the recorder!

6. applefruit

applefruit Well-Known Member

Tasker for Android
    "make automatic recordings of what you say during phone calls to SD card"

Not sure how to implement it though.

7. fearghaloc

fearghaloc Member

I have tried two or different voice recorder apps that say they record calls but none work. They record what you say but not the other person.
    I am amazed the Desire does not do this - my old Nokia N95 could do it brilliantly and it was incredibly useful. I love absolutely everything about my Desire except this. I keep hoping someone will come up with a fix for this...... anyone????

8. fearghaloc

fearghaloc Member

Obviously not!

9. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

Just put it on speakerphone and record it with a camcorder/camera. It will also then show the persons number.