• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Having this issue on my Samsung Galaxy S4.
When using the video camera a message comes up "Recording failed" Select OK and the camera app exits.
Anyone seeing this issue?

Haven't experienced, but came across people on other forums who did.

How long do you have this phone? Was it out the box problem? Or just started happening?

First, I would did the basic; "Clear Data". Open application manager, view ALL, find Camera app, open and press the "Clear Data" button. Test the camera.

Then I would download Nexus camera, to verify whether it's a software or hardware problem. If you can make photos with Nexus cam, then perhaps Factory Reset could fix that. You might also try connecting to KIES and see if there are any firmware upgrades.

If the camera doesn't work after data clearing, Nexus cam test and firmware update, there is a chance your device is faulty. I would take it back and claim warranty.

Let us know what's the outcome of your tests.

cheers

Reactions: shmn
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones