Recover Deleted File?Support

Last Updated:

1. nhuston

nhuston Member This Topic's Starter

I've searched high and low for a location of deleted items but have been unsuccessful. I'm just trying to recover a video I accidentally deleted (a "home movie" I made with the phone itself).

Anyone know how to recover a deleted file or at least know where to find them?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

First foremost stop using the phone for ANYTHING!

Next go to Recuva - Download

Download the Recuva program and install it "without the yahoo toolbar" =P

Once installed, connect your EVO as a "drive" and make sure a drive letter shows up for it.

Run the Recuva program, click NEXT, choose the "Other" button and hit Next.

Choose "In a specific Location" and hit browse and choose the drive letter that shows for your EVO, click NEXT.

Click the ENABLE deep scan and click next and it will scan your phone drive for ALL. Deep scan may take a while but i say enable to get the best results.

Let me know how it goes =)

3. silullu

silullu New Member

hi,is it possible to recover deleted msgs using this?

4. Donwith

Donwith New Member

I know there are several such recovery tools for android phones. Have you searched for one? I found one at google early this year, but I forgot its name.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. louisgeorge

louisgeorge New Member

Immediately stop putting any video files into your HTC, because the more you write data, the less likely you'll be able to retrieve the lost files. Actually, your files are stored on the memory card of your HTC. And there are some recovery software available to recover deleted files from memory card.

6. ReconMarine

ReconMarine New Member

Does Anybody know how to recover application data? I was playing a game called world at arms on my galaxy s3 and accidentally while scrolling pushed the clear data button:( After yelling a few choice words i tried to load up world at arms and my base and a whole years worth of gaming started me back to a NOOB:( PLEASE HELP!

7. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

welcome to AF!!!!!!!

yeah not much you can do at this point.....if you phone was rooted you could have used titanium backup to backup the data for it and you would have been fine.....but you need root to use tb;)

and just an fyi this is the htc evo 4g forum.