Recover From Bad Flash??

1. shadeslayer345

shadeslayer345 New Member

I used flash recovery GUI to flash my system. I then preceded to reboot only to find myself in something called fastboot? What is this and how do I restore my phone ?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Primed

Primed Well-Known Member

Flashimgui is only used for flashing recoveries. You should NEVER use it for flashing system.img's. What you need to do is find someone's Nand backup of an optimus m. You really need to know how to use adb and fastboot if you want out of it? are you good with adb?
  3. Primed

Primed Well-Known Member

4. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

It should still work though, the purpose of fastboot on the phone is to keep you from being bricked, hes going to lose all data though
  5. Primed

Primed Well-Known Member

I thought you only lost data when you unlocked the bootloader? o.o At least that what it does on my Xoom. xD
  6. macjay420

macjay420 Well-Known Member

fastboot wipes it every time, i did it like 5 times yesterday. right before i flashed bad or the wrong recovery and bricked my buddies vortex:)
  7. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

bootloader is not locked on the optimus :D but on the M/C it is only accessible when recovery or system is corrupted/bad flash
  8. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

not true, I have gotten into fastboot many times without losing data, if you only messed up recovery, u dont have to lose data, when in recovery you only " fastboot erase recovery" and "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
  9. macjay420

macjay420 Well-Known Member

wtfe smartass
    sammyz likes this.