• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recover Google Password from HTC Hero?

Winneaux

Lurker
Mar 11, 2010
Does anyone know how to decrypt a stored google password on an HTC Hero?

My bro forgot his google password. The secondary email is completely defunct. The security question is completely incomprehensible. He even filled out the form to convince google that he is who he says he is... no dice.

The ONLY place the password is stored is his HTC Hero, as a saved gmail password.

My question is... is there a way to export, decrypt, or recover his gmail password on his Hero?

Thanks for your help!

The ONLY place the password is stored is his HTC Hero, as a saved gmail password.
No - Google also store and know the password, otherwise how would they know it was the correct one when you logged on?

If you go onto Google's website there are ways of getting a new password (I know because I did it). But you do have to convince them you are who you say you are.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones