Recover / locate wifi password.Support

1. Tills

Tills Member

Hi everyone. I am trying to find where the s3 stores the wifi password or some way for me to view what the password is. I have a second device (nexus 7) that I want to put on the network but can not remember the password my brother gave me for the network and he is out of the country. My phone is not rooted which may work against me here.

When I look at the wifi password area on the phone it just says (unchanged).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. SUSS

SUSS Well-Known Member

Im sure i read to do anything like this you do need to be rooted. Someone with a better understanding than me will be able to confirm that.
  3. Tills

Tills Member

Thanks SUSS. From what I have just read you can find it if you are rooted but I am hoping either there is a way without rooting or my memory returns. Thanks
  4. SUSS

SUSS Well-Known Member

No worries, do a google on Lost WIFI Password, loads of links come up, you might be able to download something to your PC to let you see it.

Good luck.
  5. Sparrow2012

Sparrow2012 Well-Known Member

You've presumably done this, but just in case you haven't - have you looked on the back/bottom of your router? Unless your brother has changed it, you will find it there.
  6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Yeah you can retrieve the hex key (password converted to hex) on a windows pc that connects to the network already.

You can get it from android but it needs root access then a root explorer app.

Anyway its in /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf
  7. Tills

Tills Member

(Un)fortunately he changed the default password that was on the router. Thank you for your suggestion however.
  8. Tills

Tills Member

Thanks, I'll give that a shot!
  9. Tills

Tills Member

Got the password! Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions!
  10. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

What method?
  11. Tills

Tills Member

I was able to get the hex password from a pc on the network per your suggestion. I appreciate the advice. :D
    SUroot likes this.
  12. SUSS

SUSS Well-Known Member

Excellent, high 5's all round.:)