recover mode not working

Last Updated:

1. Esqfenix

Esqfenix Member This Topic's Starter

I installed flashrec-1.1.3 and recovery-RA-heroc-v1.6.2...and it says i flashed it successfully but when i try to go to recovery mode, its stays on the black htc hero screen forever until i remove the batter.

any help pls?

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

installed recovery-RA-heroc-v1.6.2....how did you install it exactly? Did you do the manual root method, the auto rooter...details are needed to help :)

Also, how are you trying to access the recovery console (as in, what are you doing to access it)?

3. Esqfenix

wow im dumb...i read somewhere that if i try to install villian i ruin my phone...does that mean i have to buy a new phone now?

4. tatonka_Hero

Let's hope not...

Let's start from scratch.

You have a sprint hero, correct? Did you root? If so, how? And what ROM did you try to install, and how did you do so? (links please)

If you did install villian (a GSM rom), it's entirely possible you bricked your phone, but not necessarily true that you did brick your phone. You might want to try running the RUU that's linked to in the rooting guide and start from scratch (assuming you can run the RUU after flashing that ROM)

5. Esqfenix

yes i have a sprint hero. i flashed it with flashrec-1.1.3-20091107-2, recovery-RA-heroc-v1.6.2 and used VillainROM5.4. i had done a nandroid backup before and have that saved.

6. Esqfenix

and i had done ruu after that and it was succesfull

7. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

That ROM is for a GSM Hero, not the CDMA Hero. If you can power it on, you "might" be able to salvage it. If you can't power it on, it is bricked.

8. Esqfenix

how would i salvage it? it runs like normal but i just cant access recovery mode when i turn it on and press both keys.

9. ccapasso

I don't know if this will work, but if you have adb installed (if not refer to the sticky/guide at top of this forum) you could try and get it to boot into recovery via adb.

10. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

it almost acts like it isn't rooted.. did you run the RUU? if so, it's no longer rooted. you might have to root it again to make sure that the recovery image is installed correctly. either follow the manual steps in the rooting guide, or get the kitchen from Geek For Me – Android CDMA Sprint Hero

11. Esqfenix

i ruu'd again and did the kitchen setup. i got to where u have to do a nandroid back up but when i try to go to recovery mode it freezes on the htc screen. and i cant get any further than that.

12. ccapasso

Which RUU did you run?

13. tatonka_Hero

And it's because of problems such as this that I tell people to root manually. It always seems that the people that use the kitchen to root are the ones with the problems, and they don't know how to use adb to fix them (most of the time).

If when you RUU'd and rebooted, you could use your phone just like it was out of the box, then you're certainly not bricked and shouldn't have any problem re-rooting (preferably using the manual root method :p)

14. ccapasso

I'm wondering if he happened to RUU the Leaked 2.1. That could be causing issues if that is what he did.