• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Samson, that's not true at all. There are plenty of programs that will prevent the phone from sleeping.

Scooby, can you be more specific? What program won't let the phone sleep (I done think it should have any effect at boot although there are some programs set to run at startup?
What do you mean software won't download? I had a problem with downloads at one point and I think rebooting solved it.

Upvote 0
Scooby , this phone came with android 1.5 , and all the bugs form that version is still in it sadly . The rebooting is a software issue mainly with 1.5 android , the sdcard , network location ( mainly the location manager app) ,the battery are all left over issues of 1.5 android ,so don't go crazy trying to fix them on your own . So far the only one I couldn't find a work around for is the restarting issue ,for sdcard re_mounting try a different brand (preferably transend) , I'm using my 8g form my G1 no more remounting issues , battery , well mine seem to be improving over time ,( with 2.0 this will be a non-issue).
A lot of people are going crazy using task-killers , but seem to forget that for the task-killers to work properly they have to run in the background which means memory & power . So who's gonna watch the app that watching the other apps???
Do some research if you have the time and you will see that android is very memory efficient .Others will jump in now and try to convince you that task-killers are gods , but untill they can talk to me about dalvik & GC in action then its just empty talk to me ..,.,

Upvote 0
Samson, that's not true at all. There are plenty of programs that will prevent the phone from sleeping.

Scooby, can you be more specific? What program won't let the phone sleep (I done think it should have any effect at boot although there are some programs set to run at startup?
What do you mean software won't download? I had a problem with downloads at one point and I think rebooting solved it.
The android software ( comes with the phone) would not down load . Threw trial and error Im convinced that an app was causing my phone to not reboot properly . I recently downloaded some apps one by one and restarted my phone each time to see what app caused my phone to act the way it did. some of the apps state that the phone wont go into sleep mode.but even those that did were not causing my phone to act the way it did. I have found the app that was causing this and now I turn my phone off and restart with absolutely no problems.I have also downloaded task killer as a battery saver .The battery life has improved a lot. Now am just waiting for tmobile release of android 2.0

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones