• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

recover stolen SGS S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
a closed package, as in its never been switched on? NO, not unless you wrote down the serial and imei number from the outside of the box. and even that wont do alot

i have a thread here in the g-ace section about "prey" the gps wifi ,3g tracker so you can see where your device is on the map within a few feet,. also you can send screen messages to the phone warning the theif to contact you and you can even call a new simcard the theif put in the device, as prey will txt the new sim number to your other set number, cool eh? basicaly in 2days o watching you can phone the theif and tell him your outside his house

Reactions: cfvl
Upvote 0
But If the store or the warehouse have the IMEI and SN info there is a possibility that they can track or shut down the phone.. right?

the phone is sealed in the box

theres a possibility yes but the block would only be a network block, if they open the box and use a different simcard the network has no link of communication to the device to get one then would take much more time a tech'

Upvote 0
lol dude i think your on the receiving end of the deal :D ? lol its ok i found a iphone outside a pub 4years ago (1st gen) jailbroke it reset it, 3months later i got pulled for being drunk and arressted for having a reported stolen good (checked the imei) (the owner obviously lied and said it was stolen so he could claim insurance as the 1st gen iphone was like

Upvote 0
lol dude i think your on the receiving end of the deal :D ? lol its ok i found a iphone outside a pub 4years ago (1st gen) jailbroke it reset it, 3months later i got pulled for being drunk and arressted for having a reported stolen good (checked the imei) (the owner obviously lied and said it was stolen so he could claim insurance as the 1st gen iphone was like

Upvote 0
Basically what you are asking is that if you knowingly are trafficking in stolen property can they catch you? Absolutely. ESN (Electronic Serial Numbers) and possibly IMEI's are tracked from the manufacturer. If they happen to "fall off the truck" you can be assured an insurance claim will be filed and those items listed as stolen.

Discussing illegal activities is prohibited by Android Forums rules, so there is no reason to keep this thread open.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones