• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Today my friend was trying to figure out my password without my knowledge and failed too many times. Some how my droid factory reset and I don't know how to retrieve any backups or data that were automatically done. I've never done any backups myself and there was no backup done before reset happened. Is there any way for me to get my phone back the way it was or do I need to just redownload everything again? Thanks to everyone :)

Well, part of the setup process from factory reset is to restore data from your Google account. This will reinstall all of your apps, some of the data from those apps, and some of your settings (wallpaper, wifi access points, etc.)

If your phone wasn't doing those backups - sorry, you're out of luck. You can go into the Play Store on a PC browser and reinstall apps in the "My Apps" area of the Play Store.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones