• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help recovering deleted photos in galaxy s3

starmandell

Aug 7, 2012
hello, i deleted all my photos on accident.

ive been trying to get it into a usb mass storage but have been unsuccessful. i believe the photos i took went into my internal sdcard memory.

is there any way to recover them? i seriously lost like 1000 photos.

all photo recovering i know requires it to be in usb mode. i found a software that only mounts the external sd card as a usm but it didnt work properly (not that my photos are in the external sd card anyway)

does anyone know what i can do? help would be much appreciated. thank you

Before this u need ROOT!

Dont delete anymore files. Ok now open market and search for undelete. I would appreciate if you buy the donate because it can recover more files. Now open it and wait for the process to complete and select images because u want to recover images and select which you want to recover and select recover. That should fix it.

And Hit thanks button if this help!!

Upvote 0
Yes, your photos are stored on the memory card of your Android phone. And there are some memory card recovery software available to undeleted photos from memory card. You may try Samsung Galaxy Recovery! I used it and it worked!

I love these post. Which version of the S3 do you have? Which rom is on it. Google removed Mass Storage with ICS. Since ICS NO software can mount the internal memory to recover any file period.

Upvote 0
Is there any way to enable mass storage usage then? So if not, does it mean that there's no way to recover deleted files from samsung galaxy S3?

edit:
I found the solution, I followed this samsung galaxy photo recovery guide and successfully got back all photos!
I tried this and when the box came up to choose which files to scan it didn't even show my phone. When I go to "My Computer" on my system it shows it but this program doesn't detect it!

Upvote 0
And there is tutorial about how to recover deleted photos from Samsung Galaxy.

Hey,
Great article. The software you recommend is a program that needs root the Android phone and then scan it to find the deleted photos on it. It's a nice idea. However, it can't find all the photos when I scan my Samsung Galaxy S7. I don't know if it is because S7 is the latest Samsung Galalxy phone and the software can't support it well. If you scan your s3, I think it will be better. It is really useful if you have this software. It can recover deleted photos from Samsung galaxy phone and also recover text messages, contacts, videos, call logs, whatsapp messages and other document files according to the description on the official website.

Upvote 0
Wow, this thread appeared in 2012, but I still want to talk about my experience.
1) according to the description of Thread Starter "starmandell", his photos should be kept in the internal memory instead of on an external memory card.
2) common data recovery software or image recovery tools can only recover lost files from an external memory card. They cannot recover lost photos from the internal memory of Galaxy S3.
3) you need professional Android data recovery software to retrieve lost pictures from the internal memory of Galaxy S3.
Hope to help people in need.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones