Recovering From Clockwork Gets Me Stuck on White AT&T Screen

Last Updated:

1. peejaroni

peejaroni New Member This Topic's Starter

I put Cognition on my phone today, and made a backup image of the stock 2.1 before putting Cognition on. I decided I want to go back to the Stock, so I clicked the "manage backups" part of Clockwork, and "recover" on the image I saved. Next, the phone rebooted, and looked like it was installing the backup image, and rebooted again. However, it will not go past the White AT&T screen. Is my only option to use Odin to give it a factory reset? Or is there an easier way for me to do this? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

I don't know if this is 100% the case but I have noticed that if you flash a rom that has any type of kernel or voodoo type change from your current setup, you cannot flash back (since the kernel in 2.1 stock is different and cognition uses voodoo). You have to flash (with clockwork or odin) back to the same version of the rom you want to restore to. For example, if you want to flash back to the official 2.1 update, flash back to JF6 with odin one click, then flash to JH7 (can't remember where an official rom is but you will need that) then run your restore.

And since you are stuck at the boot scren, you should flash back to the stock odin one click anyways

If anyone have a different reason, please post

3. peejaroni

peejaroni New Member This Topic's Starter

Yup, I just bit the bullet and used odin and Titanium is restoring stuff now... but everything works fine at least.
    Thanks!

4. xeni0o

xeni0o Active Member

Same thing happened to me, I used odin to restore to stock, then rooted the phone, installed rom manager and restored the original backup that i had made.