• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Recovery Broken

Hi everyone,

So I wanted to switch roms tonight and I tried downloading and installing a new one through rom manager. Everything went fine, except the phone tried to boot into recovery, showed the M logo for quite a while, then rebooted itself into its normal state without doing anything. I tried another rom, then tried flashing back to SPRecovery and tried entering recovery through holding X at bootup, battery pulls and the like and all the same result... Any ideas?

i had the same issue with clockworkmod 1.8.1.4

solution: open rom manager, scoll to the bottom under "more recoveries", flash back to 1.8.1.3

That didn't quite do it, but I downloaded some old recovery images and booted one through terminal editor. This loaded it and after I did that, it's booting fine from rom manager again. Strange haha...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones