• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [RECOVERY][CWMR][UNOFFICIAL][DEV] Clockworkmod Recovery for the LG Optimus F7 LG870 (fx1s)

well by doing this you're responsible for anything that happens to your phone but just installing that app and following the instructions shouldn't brick your device. Once you have cwm installed make a backup to the external sdcard and you're fine. My ROM wont be released until we get this new ZV5 update sometime early next month. btw try not to delete anything or mod the system in anyway, cause one. you might just end up bricking your phone but lgs flash tool should be able to save it and 2. To install the new update coming to our device soon you need to be on complete stock. if you're rooted thats fine. btw you might just wanna install the app install init recovery and then do a backup from it and forget about this threads cwm for now since the OTA will certainly fail while trying to flash with this cwm. the init cwm has stock recovery still installed so the OTA will still work. whenever you need cwm just hit recovery apply and reboot to cwm. after that session it will have stock recovery still installed. Once you're updated to ZV5 then you can install this threads recovery.

Do you have the second init file?

Upvote 0
So I have the f7 and I'm a complete noob when it comes to modifying the Android os
My question is, how do I flash this with the button combo and what is it cuz I tried booting using the volume down button and the power button but it doesn't do anything. I'm rooted and I don't want to use the second init recovery app cuz I don't want to erase anything... thanks in advance

Upvote 0
So I have the f7 and I'm a complete noob when it comes to modifying the Android os
My question is, how do I flash this with the button combo and what is it cuz I tried booting using the volume down button and the power button but it doesn't do anything. I'm rooted and I don't want to use the second init recovery app cuz I don't want to erase anything... thanks in advance

If you flash the cwm, you will have to do a factory reset (volume up + power when booting) afterwards and you will lose everything in your built in memory. So if you have anything you need to save, you'll need to back that up first. I used the second method for flashing using adb. If you use that method, you'll need to set up adb (in the android-sdk-update-manager package) on your desktop or laptop and tell it to install the packages for 4.1.2 jellybean. I use Gentoo, so I found this helpful:

Using the Android SDK on Gentoo

The cwm will replace the built-in recovery mode that you currently get to through the volume down + power combination on boot (it would be the same one you would see through the 2nd init recovery method before flashing the loki kernel). It's a lot more versatile than the built in one and will make it rather easy to flash any future roms for this phone.

Upvote 0
Is it possible to install cwm without using a computer?
When I boot using volume down + power button it asks if I want to boot into recovery, I press the power button to accept and I am stuck at this point because I don't know what to do and I don't have an external SD Card.

Before you change anything, wait until the ZV5 ota firmware update comes out and you flash your phone with it. Returning to stock might prove to be difficult, so to make it easier on you, just wait until you do that before flashing this cwm.

Upvote 0
I failed miserably, used playful gods boot into recovery app and it factory reset my phone, and i also tried to install using adb shell but I'm noob with it so i think I messed up. But with the LTE2 app that gave me second init-recovery it booted into cwm recovery and i tried installing from zip but it did nothing
Help?

Edit: On the factory reset, it preserved my root, why would that be?

Upvote 0
I failed miserably, used playful gods boot into recovery app and it factory reset my phone, and i also tried to install using adb shell but I'm noob with it so i think I messed up. But with the LTE2 app that gave me second init-recovery it booted into cwm recovery and i tried installing from zip but it did nothing
Help?

Edit: On the factory reset, it preserved my root, why would that be?

I've tested CWM various times and found that using any reboot app causes data and cache to be wiped.

Upvote 0
It should look nearly identical to this...

maxresdefault.jpg

Upvote 0

I used the second init recovery app and nothing on my phone was wiped...I used it to flash playful gods cwm port.

Upvote 0
its not playfulgods app lol, and it shouldnt of wiped. unless you have cwm installed and you are using some other app to reboot into it.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playfulgod.rebooter
I used that, hit reboot into recovery and swoosh it was all gone.
but after the reset I had LTE2/Vu2 Recovery app and installed second init then pushed the lok file through adb and i got clock work recovery, it may have been a different process but the point is that I have it now and i can reboot as many times as i want manually and i can boot into recovery no problems
Clockwork Recovery Mod LG Optimus F7 (LG870) - YouTube
Video showing that it works
Edit: I am willing to learn how to modify Cwm and other Android things.
I really want to.
I want to learn how to make Roms, etc
Can someone teach me like one on one or sumthing or is there some guides?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones